Beauty sleep didn't work!

  • BetterThanJewels@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2003
      Mike
      Was nice to see you last night. Your songs made the night worth while. What
      did you think of Kenny and the Buffalo Springfield song? Sorry we had to
      leave before the witching hour but the ol' man needed his beauty sleep. From
      what I saw in the mirror this morning it didn't work. Did the other half of
      the twins come by? Oh, I cleaned and rearranged my book case after getting
      home. Got just the spot for the "book ends" Now to just talk Rob into
      giving up that tall blonde. I wouldn't want to break up the set now would I?

      And where was "THE" reason I go to Antionettes? Hope everything is ok.
      Oops Rob, you know your the reason I drop by LOL
      Toto
      "Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking."
      -<A HREF="http://www.quoteland.com/author.asp?AUTHOR_ID=318">H. Jackson
      Brown, Jr.</A>
    • Runyan, Rebecca L
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2003
        "And where was "THE" reason I go to Antionettes? Hope everything is ok."

        Toto-Hmm...are you talking about my mom? :) J/K I'm sorry I wasn't able
        to make it out last night, I wondered if you were going. Thought about
        sending you a message, but didn't think I'd be too terribly missed. How was
        it? Were there a lot of people there? I've been having a couple health
        issues the last couple days, so I wasn't in any condition to make it out
        last night. Sorry I missed you! Don't worry, though, I'll get through this
        :)

        Beckie

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050322
        65:HM/A=1564416/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60164797&partid=317
        0658>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1564416/rand=123332958>

        Click the Link found below to visit KansasCityKaraoke! While there, please
        visit the Database where you can find karaoke in Kansas City 8 days a
        week!!!

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Mike Crooks
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2003
          --- In KansasCityKaraoke@yahoogroups.com, BetterThanJewels@a...
          wrote:
          > Mike
          > Was nice to see you last night. Your songs made the night worth
          while. What
          > did you think of Kenny and the Buffalo Springfield song?
          Got just the spot for the "book ends" Now to just talk Rob into
          > giving up that tall blonde. I wouldn't want to break up the set
          now would I?

          Nice seeing you again as well. I think Kenny does a nice job
          with For What It's Worth. It's a song I like to do, but he does
          it well enough for both of us!

          I probably should have done what I said and gone to the Moon at
          a bit after 10:00 after singing my second song. I got caught up
          playing pool, and won 4 or 5 games so that it then seemed reasonable
          to stick around for one more. Well that 3rd song didn't come until
          after Midnight! The rotation exploded that third go around up to
          around 2 hours!

          Not sure where Miss Beckie was hiding. The bookends were certainly
          a welcome diversion, but I don't think I could find a place for them
          in my house :)

          Take care...no more car wrestling for you!

          Mike
        • Runyan, Rebecca L
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2003
            WOW! Crooks, you were there, too??!!! Didn't realize I was missing out on
            so much!

            > Was nice to see you last night. Your songs made the night worth
            while. What
            > did you think of Kenny and the Buffalo Springfield song?
            Got just the spot for the "book ends" Now to just talk Rob into
            > giving up that tall blonde. I wouldn't want to break up the set
            now would I?

            Nice seeing you again as well. I think Kenny does a nice job
            with For What It's Worth. It's a song I like to do, but he does
            it well enough for both of us!

            I probably should have done what I said and gone to the Moon at
            a bit after 10:00 after singing my second song. I got caught up
            playing pool, and won 4 or 5 games so that it then seemed reasonable
            to stick around for one more. Well that 3rd song didn't come until
            after Midnight! The rotation exploded that third go around up to
            around 2 hours!

            Not sure where Miss Beckie was hiding. The bookends were certainly
            a welcome diversion, but I don't think I could find a place for them
            in my house :)

            Take care...no more car wrestling for you!

            Mike

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=229633.3212141.4526654.1261774/D=egroupmai
            l/S=:HM/A=1556779/rand=694358193>

            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2003
              --- In KansasCityKaraoke@yahoogroups.com, "Runyan, Rebecca L"
              <rrunyan@e...> wrote:
              > WOW! Crooks, you were there, too??!!! Didn't realize I was
              missing out on
              > so much!

              Hey! Just 'cause I'm a bit over weight...doesn't mean you
              missed SO much :)

              Yeah, came aaalllll the way out there and you were missing
              in action! Hope you get feeling better soon. May be a while
              before I make that trek again. Got the contest at the Moon
              next week...then who knows! I think there were only about 30
              people in the place last night, but almost all of them were
              singing!

              I had picked out Who's Your Daddy to do my country debut, but
              between your not showing, and BC starting his show with the
              song, I opted for other songs instead. Did Drift Away by
              Dobie Grey and Happy Together by the Turtles which met little
              audience approval except by Toto and clan :) Finished the
              evening (and my voice) with She Hates Me by Puddle of Mudd.
              The crowd enjoyed that as always, so I left on a high note.

              Too bad we missed each other. Some other time...

              take care of yourself....Mike