Blue Moon New Years Night

  • ibetoto@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
         Why do people come to Chara-oke, Trash Metalical-oke, Carrieoke?

         Because they can express their skills, more real than imagined in front of
      a supportive group of fellow karaokiers, No matter what the place, the
      weather, the equipment, or the role you play, karaoke is like a barrel of
      monkeys, the Marx brothers and Saturday Night Live all rolled into one! And
      the Blue Moon seems to be "the" place for Wednesday through Saturdays.
      Drop by, Open the door, bring all your friends and favorite songs into the
      room, stir in plenty of fun, then add a dash of fame and lights. Karaoke is
      something like that no matter where you go in Kansas City, a strange
      combination of mismatched friends that has become the fad that isn't going
      away anytime soon. Where else will you find Doctors, mechanics,
      businessmen/businesswomen, nurses, punk rockers, skinheads, housewives,
      tattooed kids from head to foot, ol' men.....Me, You, all enjoying the night,
      and that's just what New Years night was!

         And what a way to welcome the new year. Last nights event at the Blue Moon
      was of truly epoch and magical proportions! The starting flag was dropped at
      9 o'clock sharp by Chara. The waitresses were all reved up at their starting
      positions with glasses full. It was a sight to behold as they jockeyed
      through the obstacles of tables for the dry arid throats awaiting their
      mystical pitchers of thirst quenching delights. While a plethora of tasty
      delights awaited the palettes of the royal guest.

      The CD's lined up for their chance to spin us to the magical land of Karaoke.

      The Kings and Queens of Karaoke awaited with polished golden vocal cords to
      entertain.

      Then with lights, sound, action, and class Chara sang the opening song! Let
      me tell ya about Chara for a moment. I don't know if she planned this but she
      had the 60's or is that a "new wave" L@@K nailed down, what with the GO-GO
      boots, mini skirt?, and her famous strut. Twiggy, Brittany, and Nancy Sinatra
      now have someone that out shines them! I'm thinking that's why you were so
      hot last night Chara or could it have been the studs and studettes on the
      dance floor ! ?!

      Lisa, you remember Lisa don't you? That's the lady that was hypnotized at
      Stanfords a few weeks ago, did "Squeeze Me In". More on her later. We had
      Jill, Patty, Randy, Jeff, oh can't forget Bear.......LOL wait till you see
      the pictures of him! Linda and Bobbit were there also. There is no need to
      cover the songs sang other than to say they all fit the occasion. Chara gave
      us all a break with the dance songs T-R-O-U-B-L-E, Cha-Cha Slide and The
      Electric Slide. Now.....you say so there were a few dance songs. Well, if you
      know Lisa, yup same gal, she had probably 6 other dancers with her and they
      were...shall we say they were relaxed. Any way they took the shine off the
      floor with the hot moves on the dance floor.

      Bear and John <John being the owner of Lunar Bowl> sang Born to be Wild.
      While we all know Steve "B" does that song wonderfully I have to say John did
      good too. Hey, he buys the drinks for us during the regular parties, I have
      to give him a plug here.

      Now.......someone came up with a balloon race. There was three teams of
      three members each. Each team member had two balloons and raced across the
      dance floor to the chair for that team. Then takes one balloon, hands it to
      one of the three non-partical judges who held the balloon down on the chair
      while the team member "tried" to sit on it and burst the balloon. To say the
      least it was a blast!!! Toto never had so many woman running to him with a
      common goal LOL ya made my night Chara! Well, you and Lisa and
      John........... heck, the whole crowd made the night wonderful!

      Oh my gosh, almost forgot Chara did "Dance ten Look 3" and the oft
      requested "Boobies" songs. This time someone must have been listening as she
      got a stock certificate for 100 shares of preferred stock in Homestake
      Platinum Mining Inc. We're pretty sure it was in appreciation of the song she
      does and a thank you for her efforts throughout the year.

      The 12 o'clock hour was sanely insane! I'm sorry I don't remember to much
      here as the witnesses and Trina had tied me down earlier and was forcing mind
      altering liquids into me. <shades of North by Northwest> The good part some
      of us made an agreement to call each other at 2:30 making sure no one needed
      a "get out of jail card" and they all got home ok! We are guessing you did
      also since you are reading this. Thank you for driving me home Trina, now can
      you bring my car back??? Picture to be added in the photo section later
      today

      That's it folks. Wishing you the V-E-R-Y best in the coming year!
      Let's hear from you!

      Toto
      Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend;
      inside of a dog, it's too dark to read

    • shelb155@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
        Thanks For all the details toto on the Blue moon I was just getting ready to
        call Chara to ask her details on the show. Seems like it was a great time.
        Wanted to let everyone know that this Thursday will be the last round of the
        contest to Qualify for the 300.00 200.00 100.00. next contest will be even
        bigger 1,000.00. Next week is the finals. Question for the group, would
        anybody be interested in judging the contest Simi finals? Let me know and you
        can represent Kansas City Karaoke we can plug the group all night.
        Shelly B#

      • The Bobbit
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
          How is this working? Semifinalists show up, and top
          so many scores go on?

          --- shelb155@... wrote:
          > Wanted to let everyone know that this Thursday will
          > be the last round of the
          > contest to Qualify for the 300.00 200.00 100.00.

          =====
          Bob "The Bobbit" Kennedy
          www.geocities.com/scorpibra

          "Somewhere, overweight people ... just like me ...
          Must have someplace where folks don't count every calorie ..."
          --- Overweight People (Allan Sherman, on a bet with Judy Garland)

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • Susy B
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
            shelb155@... wrote: Question for the group, would anybody be interested in judging the contest Semi-finals? Let me know and you can represent Kansas City Karaoke we can plug the group all night. Shelly B#

            Shelly, thank you for your thoughtful offer! While I always shy away from judging contests, Stevie B says that he will do it as representative of KansasCityKaraoke@.... So, if I understand correctly, the night for judging is Thursday, January 9? (I sure hope so, because we have other obligations on Jan. 2 & 16.)