Stix & Stones

  • Larry J.
    Message 1 of 18 , May 1, 2009
      Just a reminder if you're looking for another Friday Night venue, Stix & Stones now has Karaoke on Friday Nights.
    • Larry Johnson
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 24 3:42 PM
        Thursday is Ladies Night, great crowd. DANCING & Karaoke both Thursday and Friday. Starts at 8 PM on Thursday and 8:30 PM on Friday.... See you there.
      • Larry Johnson
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 27 8:40 AM
          Stix & Stones has canceled karaoke on Thursday & Friday nights. Rumor from inside..... says they are buying their own system with 10,000 songs and it will project the words on the wall for the singers. A bartender, former KJ/DJ is going to be running the system. This has been a great venue and if I hear when they start up again. I'll let you know. I suppose between now and then, it's up for grabs. The new system is projected to arrive after the first of the year. Thanks to everyone who came out and supported that location.
        • Scott Quarles
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 27 3:58 PM
            So what are you planning to do now?

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 27 7:15 PM
              I have a stack of new songs to add to the systems and to get ready for our move, which looks to be only a few weeks away. Since Musician's Friend is only a short distance from my house, I have a couple more trips to make there. Plus there's several shows I haven't had a chance to get to. So there's still plenty to do ! ! !
            • vivalacious1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 27 7:23 PM
                In a message dated 9/27/2009 9:17:30 P.M. Central Daylight Time, kjlarry@... writes:
                Since Musician's Friend is only a short distance from my house, I have

                Do they sell karaoke cdgs?
              • Larry Johnson
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 27 7:47 PM
                  Not that I know of, just other parts and cables.
                • Scott Quarles
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 27 8:14 PM
                    If you need help on the Musician's friend trips, let me know before you head down there and I'll try my best to do what I can.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 27 8:17 PM
                      Yes they sell Karaoke CD's and and anything else related to Karaoke and DJ equipment.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 27 8:18 PM
                        In a message dated 9/27/2009 10:17:38 P.M. Central Daylight Time, squarles_02@... writes:
                        Yes they sell Karaoke CD's and and anything else related to Karaoke and DJ equipment.

                        Oh really, where is this place?  Westport/midtown?
                      • Richard Talley
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 27 9:37 PM
                          Since the closing of Sounds and Samples, where can one get Karaoke CD's.  I recall a mail order company issuing catalogs to bar owners.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 27 9:43 PM
                            I tell people to thorw Fifty Dollar bills If I really suck...

                            If you want perfection, pay a cover charge and watch a live band...or a weeks pay and watch a headliner.

                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 28 6:57 AM
                              I guess I've just never checked there on disks, but is not like Songs and Samples was. I've been using DooWop suscriptions mostly now.
                            • vivalacious1@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 28 8:26 AM
                                I've been ordering from various places on the internet.

                                doowop.com
                                totalkaraoke.com
                                acekaraoke.com
                                karaoke.com

                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 28 10:49 AM
                                  No where locally that I know of (unless MF has some...can't think they are carrying a lot if they have any--they tend to be equipment oriented--great store though!).

                                  There are tons of places online. I haven't purchased any in a while but the best place I have found (at least other than random sales) is a site on EBay. He has a huge selection including some English disks that are hard to find in the US.

                                  --- In KansasCityKaraoke@yahoogroups.com, Richard Talley <rltalley2001@...> wrote:

                                  > Since the closing of Sounds and Samples, where can one get Karaoke CD's.  I recall a mail order company issuing catalogs to bar owners.
                                • mistercrooks
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 28 10:54 AM
                                    Have used the bottom two in the past...they were fine and karaoke.com has run some great sales in the past, but EBay has had the best price recently (but it has been over a year since I bought a disk and at the time I was looking for ZOOM brand which few carried).

                                    Mike

                                    --- In KansasCityKaraoke@yahoogroups.com, vivalacious1@... wrote:

                                    > I've been ordering from various places on the internet.?
                                    >

                                    > doowop.com
                                    >
                                    > totalkaraoke.com
                                    >
                                    > acekaraoke.com
                                    >
                                    > karaoke.com
                                  • Larry Johnson
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Sep 30 1:47 PM
                                      Stix & Stones is continuing Karaoke with a NEW house system. Melissa Hahn is going to be the KJ/DJ/VJ (Music Videos too). The system sounds interesting along with lights and videos, may have to check this out.