Re: [KansasCityKaraoke] Re: SC8565

  • Douglas Marshall
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
      Bands Covering "Love Song"

      A Perfect Circle (Combined with Diary of  Madman)
      311
      Anberlin
      Tori Amos

      But I think the only one of those available on cdg is 311's.  At least I know I have that one.

      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
        I am suprised I didn't know about the Jack Off Jill cover...however in my defense I would like to say...

        "Who da hell is the Snake River Conspiracy?"

        There was a female singer who did but don't know or recall her name -- I found the cover by 311 to be most matched to me, felt that if I sang to that CDG would be almost same effect of the female cover.  Quick search of google finds:

        Love Song by The Cure (1989)

        Who covered it?

        -- In KansasCityKaraoke@ yahoogroups. com, vivalacious1@ ... wrote:

        > Sometimes I practice the cure, love song as well as a cover of it...

        (!

      • vivalacious1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
          I don't know, I didn't know all of them uh any of the rest of them LOLLLLLLLLLLL

          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
            Are you sure it wasn't the Snake MOUNTAIN Conspiracy?

            Because I think I remember something about Skeletor starting up a cover band after retiring from harassing the leaders of Eternia.

            I don't know, I didn't know all of them uh any of the rest of them LOLLLLLLLLLLL

            I am suprised I didn't know about the Jack Off Jill cover...however in my defense I would like to say...

            "Who da hell is the Snake River Conspiracy?"

            There was a female singer who did but don't know or recall her name -- I found the cover by 311 to be most matched to me, felt that if I sang to that CDG would be almost same effect of the female cover.  Quick search of google finds:

            Love Song by The Cure (1989)
            Who covered it?

            -- In KansasCityKaraoke@ yahoogroups. com, vivalacious1@ ... wrote:

            > Sometimes I practice the cure, love song as well as a cover of it...

          • Mike Crooks
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
              Lol...after I replied I thought...you know I could just google
              it :)! Thanks for doing the work for me!

              Mike

              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
                Well they covered The Smiths too so at least we know they have good
                taste! Googled them and one of the remaining members used to be in
                Third Eye Blind and left them because he thought they were the modern
                day equivalent to The Partridge Family!

                Mike

                --- In KansasCityKaraoke@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Marshall
                <dougisdumb@...> wrote:

                > I am suprised I didn't know about the Jack Off Jill cover...however
                in my defense I would like to say...

                > "Who da hell is the Snake River Conspiracy?"
              • Phil Anderson
                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008

                  Or, you could use one of my favorite websites -

                  www.coversproject.com

                  You can search by artist or title to see who-has-covered-which songs.

                  Enter “Love Song” in the search field and you’ll see all the bands that covered “Love Song” as well as “Silly Love Songs” and “Interstate Love Song”, etc.

                  It’s not always 100% accurate with all the listings, but it’s pretty good.

                  Then, you can click on “ A Perfect Circle ” and see all the other songs that they’ve done as “covers” –

                  Annihilation  originally by Crucifix

                  Ashes to Ashes  originally by David Bowie

                  Fiddle and the Drum  originally by Joni Mitchell

                  Freedom of Choice  originally by Devo

                  Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie  originally by Black Flag

                  Imagine  originally by John Lennon

                  Love Song  originally by The Cure

                  Peace Love and Understanding  originally by Elvis Costello

                  People Are People  originally by Depeche Mode

                  The Nurse Who Loved Me  originally by Failure

                  What's Going On  originally by Marvin Gaye

                  When the Levee Breaks  originally by Led Zeppelin

                  … with links to listen / purchase the cover version and also the original artist . . .

                  And then there’s also a section that lists other artists who’ve done covers of this band

                  Orestes (live)  covered by Evanescence

                  … again with links for both sets of artists.

                  This is one of my favorite websites to just cruise around a click through.

                  I also have fun when I’m watching American Idol to see what other artists have covered their “star of the week”.  For instance, a lot of groups have covered “Jolene”, but I really wonder what the Melissa Etheridge version of “I Will Always Love You” sounds like.

                  Bo

                • dflanders1967
                  Message 8 of 21 , Apr 3, 2008
                    For what it is worth, I have 8565. just e-mail me and we can work
                    something out

                    --- In KansasCityKaraoke@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Crooks"

                  • SHERYL_BONUS@YAHOO.COM
                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008
                      hey hey dantastic..............i know we probably do too!  you go guy!  Thank God Henrietta is okay.............. ha ha.sheryl.

                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008
                        Sounds like a cool site - I will definitely have to check it out!!

                        Looking forward to you special engagement coming up in early May I
                        think...at least that's the scuttle butt :)!

                        Mike

                        --- In KansasCityKaraoke@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Anderson"
                        <PAnderson@...> wrote:

                        > Or, you could use one of my favorite websites -
                        >

                        > www.coversproject.com <http://www.coversproject.com/>
                        >

                        > You can search by artist or title to see who-has-covered-which
                        songs.

                        > Enter "Love Song" in the search field and you'll see all the bands
                        that
                        > covered "Love Song" as well as "Silly Love Songs" and "Interstate
                        Love
                        > Song", etc.
                        >

                        > * Love Song was covered by Ten Foot Pole
                        > <http://www.coversproject.com/artist/ten%20foot%20pole>
                        > * Love Song was covered by A Perfect Circle
                        > <http://www.coversproject.com/artist/a%20perfect%20circle>
                        > * Love Song was covered by The Deluxtone Rockets
                        > <http://www.coversproject.com/artist/deluxtone%20rockets>
                        > * Love Song was covered by 311
                        > <http://www.coversproject.com/artist/311>
                        > * Love Song was covered by Anberlin
                        > <http://www.coversproject.com/artist/anberlin>
                        > * Love Song was covered by Jack Off Jill
                        > <http://www.coversproject.com/artist/jack%20off%20jill>
                        >
                        > It's not always 100% accurate with all the listings, but it's pretty
                        > good.
                        >

                        > Then, you can click on "A Perfect Circle" and see all the other
                        songs
                        > that they've done as "covers" -

                        ----
                        > --------
                        >
                        > Annihilation originally by Crucifix
                        >
                        > Ashes to Ashes originally by David Bowie
                        >
                        > Fiddle and the Drum originally by Joni Mitchell
                        >
                        > Freedom of Choice originally by Devo
                        >
                        > Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie originally by Black Flag
                        >
                        > Imagine originally by John Lennon
                        >
                        > Love Song originally by The Cure
                        >
                        > Peace Love and Understanding originally by Elvis Costello
                        >
                        > People Are People originally by Depeche Mode
                        >
                        > The Nurse Who Loved Me originally by Failure
                        >
                        > What's Going On originally by Marvin Gaye
                        >
                        > When the Levee Breaks originally by Led Zeppelin

                        ----
                        > --------
                        >

                        > ... with links to listen / purchase the cover version and also the
                        > original artist . . .
                        >

                        > And then there's also a section that lists other artists who've done
                        > covers of this band

                        ----
                        > --------
                        >
                        > Orestes (live) covered by Evanescence

                        ----
                        > --------
                        >

                        > ... again with links for both sets of artists.
                        >

                        > This is one of my favorite websites to just cruise around a click
                        > through.
                        >

                        > I also have fun when I'm watching American Idol to see what other
                        > artists have covered their "star of the week". For instance, a lot
                        of
                        > groups have covered "Jolene", but I really wonder what the Melissa
                        > Etheridge version of "I Will Always Love You" sounds like.
                        >

                        > Bo

                      • Phil Anderson
                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008

                          Yes.  There IS a “Special Engagement” coming-up on May 9th.  I’m really looking forward to it and it should be fun.  I’ll post details in about a week.

                          Bo

                        • vivalacious1@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008
                            What is this?  Hmmm??

                            <PAnderson@. ..> wrote:

                            > Or, you could use one of my favorite websites -
                            >

                            > www.coversproject. com <http://www.coverspr oject.com/>
                            >

                            > You can search by artist or title to see who-has-covered- which
                            songs.

                            > Enter "Love Song" in the search field and you'll see all the bands
                            that
                            > covered "Love Song" as well as "Silly Love Songs" and "Interstate
                            Love
                            > Song", etc.
                            >

                            > * Love Song was covered by Ten Foot Pole
                            > <http://www.coverspr oject.com/ artist/ten% 20foot%20pole>
                            > * Love Song was covered by A Perfect Circle
                            > <http://www.coverspr oject.com/ artist/a% 20perfect% 20circle>
                            > * Love Song was covered by The Deluxtone Rockets
                            > <http://www.coverspr oject.com/ artist/deluxtone %20rockets>
                            > * Love Song was covered by 311
                            > <http://www.coverspr oject.com/ artist/311>
                            > * Love Song was covered by Anberlin
                            > <http://www.coverspr oject.com/ artist/anberlin>
                            > * Love Song was covered by Jack Off Jill
                            > <http://www.coverspr oject.com/ artist/jack% 20off%20jill>
                            >
                            > It's not always 100% accurate with all the listings, but it's pretty
                            > good.
                            >

                            > Then, you can click on "A Perfect Circle" and see all the other
                            songs
                            > that they've done as "covers" -

                            ----
                            > --------
                            >
                            > Annihilation originally by Crucifix
                            >
                            > Ashes to Ashes originally by David Bowie
                            >
                            > Fiddle and the Drum originally by Joni Mitchell
                            >
                            > Freedom of Choice originally by Devo
                            >
                            > Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie originally by Black Flag
                            >
                            > Imagine originally by John Lennon
                            >
                            > Love Song originally by The Cure
                            >
                            > Peace Love and Understanding originally by Elvis Costello
                            >
                            > People Are People originally by Depeche Mode
                            >
                            > The Nurse Who Loved Me originally by Failure
                            >
                            > What's Going On originally by Marvin Gaye
                            >
                            > When the Levee Breaks originally by Led Zeppelin

                            ----
                            > --------
                            >

                            > ... with links to listen / purchase the cover version and also the
                            > original artist . . .
                            >

                            > And then there's also a section that lists other artists who've done
                            > covers of this band

                            ----
                            > --------
                            >
                            > Orestes (live) covered by Evanescence

                            ----
                            > --------
                            >

                            > ... again with links for both sets of artists.
                            >

                            > This is one of my favorite websites to just cruise around a click
                            > through.
                            >

                            > I also have fun when I'm watching American Idol to see what other
                            > artists have covered their "star of the week". For instance, a lot
                            of
                            > groups have covered "Jolene", but I really wonder what the Melissa
                            > Etheridge version of "I Will Always Love You" sounds like.
                            >

                            > Bo

                          • Mike Crooks
                            Message 13 of 21 , Apr 4, 2008
                              You'll have to wait and see!! I just happened to bump into someone
                              in the airport in Pheonix who told me about it...

                              Mike