Re: [KansasCityKaraoke] Down but not out

  • tkaraoke@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
      In a message dated 8/31/2006 9:56:40 PM Central Standard Time, lisajoylitnomo@... writes:

      size=2>I realize that Carrie has a strong whip

      Just wait until you get better...she's going to crack it
      twice as hard! LOL

    • Rajesh
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
        Got the karaoke bug around 9:30 last night, and went to the Piano Room. Hey, it's just like 2 miles from me. Walked in, usual sight, low crowd (more singing time!). And this time, Dave had a pair of Bose PC speakers on his TV stand, and it gave me some awesome monitoring that I have been missing from his shows since that first time at Chief's over an year back.. good job. Downside, the drop-dead bartender was nowhere to be seen.... :(

        The first half hour passed uneventfully, with a regular from DBC providing some jaw-dropping singing entertainment :)   Then who do you see charging in the door but a bunch of Crookses ? There was Big Crooks and Ma Crooks, oldest Jr. Crooks and a future Crooks currently apprenticing before proper initiation sometime in the future.... coming up for a karaoke fix after dinner. Thus I finally get to meet this ethereal shadowy figure called Mrs. Crooks (Nancy? I'm pretty sure I got it right, but I could be wrong, sorry if I am, Mrs. C :) and the future Mrs. Crooks (Sarah, Josh's fiance).

        I always knew that the missus had to be an awesomely cool person to put up with the crazy Mastodon this long, and no disappointments there. Super sweet and a great sense of humor... by the end of the evening, we were all picking on Crooks and all sorts of good natured leg-pulling... dammit, we need her out in the karaoke venues more often Crookers!

        Oh... I also got to see the Crooker in formal attire... or about as close to it as I've ever seen him so far. And, that gout on his ankles, even bigger than I last seen it....I'm sure glad it is treatable. Get well soon, my man.

        Oh, to keep this karaoke related, did 7 songs, including three deflowerededs. Sang one for the coming month ("September"), one for Crooks and one of our fav bands, Uriah Heep ("Easy Livin'"), the only Showtune I know ("Love changes everything"), one for Dave's daughter Tracy and her beach boys craze ("Kokomo"), a Motown for Jenny the owner ("Let's stay together"), and one for myself ("I want a new drug" ) and one for nobody in particular ("Centerfold"). Is it seven already? Oooo ok.

        Laters,

        R.
      • Mike Crooks
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
          Yep, ran in to Raj-man when we decided to hit the Piano room on our
          way home from dinner at Plaza III. My wife had never heard either
          Josh or Sarah sing, so I thought it would be fun. And the Piano
          room is such a small, cozy venue, that I thought it would be easy
          enough to sing a couple quick songs and still get home at a
          reasonable hour.

          Well, we ended up closing the place down. That may be the latest I
          can ever remember Ms. Crooks (err...Wunderlich that is) being out in
          a long, long time. I got to deflower a couple of songs as well, as
          my son picked out Every Morning by Sugar Ray and Tracy the KJ had me
          do a Beach Boys song as well (I chose Wouldn't It Be Nice).

          Josh and Sarah were very impressed with the venue. It was so low
          key that they didn't feel at all apprehensive about singing (heck we
          were almost half the crowd :)!) and Josh couldn't believe it when he
          saw my bar tab...they are very reasonable. It sounds like he and
          Sarah may be headed over there again sometime soon!

          Was good seeing you there again, Rajesh...now send those pictures!

          :)

          Mike
        • Steve Douglas
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
            Glad to see you are OK!

            If you can't get over your urge to Karaoke try http://www.ksolo.com/

            --- In KansasCityKaraoke@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Phelps
            <lisajoylitnomo@...> wrote:

            > Hey, all. Thanks for all your well wishes, I'm doing much
            better than I was last week, but not quite ready to be out and
            about. Got at bit of an infection after the surgery. I'm on some
            great pain meds and something for the infection. I'm hoping to maybe
            out and about tomorrow night. but I'm going to keep it short and
            sweet. Don't want to over do it right away. It will be sometime
            before I get back to work.
            > I realize that Carrie has a strong whip, but Kevin has made
            it perfectly clear I AM going to take it slow and take it a little at
            a time. I miss going out, and I feel trapped in the house, but it is
            what's best. Hope to see you all soon!!!!

            > Lisa (mic-stroker)

            Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

          • Lisa Phelps
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2, 2006
              Managed to move the body out last night, went to McKeever's.  Kevin and I didn't stay out too late, and I've slept most of the day today.  I do know that after last night I will need some more time to get better.  Hopefully it won't take much longer for me to be out strokin' it.

              Lisa (mic-stroker)