Peace on Earth, Goodwill to ALL!

  • gigiloves2sing
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 30, 2005
      Mr Anderson,
      (since I haven't met you, I don't feel right calling you "Bo")

      Thank You! I appreciate you sharing your thoughts, as well as the
      others who have grown weary of this drama.

      I joined this about a month,in the middle of all this "stuff". I must
      have missed the initial skirmish that started the back and forth
      posting of petty comments.It has made me cautious about getting out
      to some places because I don't want to be in the area when a
      confrontation between these people occurs or a fight breaks out. Who
      wants or needs that when we all most of us want to do is to have a
      fun night out, maybe sing some songs and take in the show that is
      Karaoke. Being a mature, rational adult, sometimes you have to take
      the high road and disregard the behavior of others. Remember what
      your Mama told you about the annoying kids? They just want/need some
      attention. Usually if you ignore them,they will stop bothering you.
      Why let them push your buttons? No good can come from that.

      I do enjoy singing and like doing Karaoke. It would be an extra bonus
      to make some new aquaintances or even new friends with people who
      also enjoy music. However,that being said,I do not tolerate petty,
      mean,obnoxious,selfish,immature and any other B.S. behavior from
      people who appear to be adults.I have severed ties with a few family
      members for such disrespectful actions.

      I have only met one person whose name I've seen on this site and that
      is Lisa, (the mic-stroker). She's been great! Very welcoming.I go to
      Karaoke alone sometimes so it's nice to feel comfortable in a bar. I
      hope to get out more and meet more people who feel like I do about
      enjoying life,one day at a time. "Plan for your tomorrows -but live
      for today" !! (I sometimes get too philosophical. My apologies. It is
      just my attempt at bringing some peace and goodwill to my little
      corner of the world)

      It is a shame that whatever took place has had such a domino effect.
      Sure,it's hard to stay focused and positive everyday, it's a tough
      road at times. But life is too short, we can't let the negative
      energy take control. I realize some folks actually enjoy verbal
      debates but please keep them private in personal e-mails with those
      you want to "spar" with.

      Ok, Ok,I'm stepping off my soapbox now.Thank you for your time and
      attention!

      Gigi

      --- In KansasCityKaraoke@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Anderson"
      <PAnderson@A...> wrote:

      We've got a couple new members who've recently joined and might
      actually be interested in participating. Try not to run them off, OK?

      > Bob & Laurie,
      >
      > Welcome to the group! Hope to meet you both sometime soon. Most
      of us on the group are fun-loving karaoke enthusiasts. The problem
      is a couple of mal-contents that used to be members have caused a lot
      of us a whole bunch of grief the last few months. .....

      > ...You, unfortunately, have had the bad timing of joining right
      > after all this happened......
      >
      > .....There are a lot of great karaoke venues around town. Other
      than the shows I'm hosting, I don't get "out" for karaoke much. So
      I'm not sure what part of town you are in, maybe I'll get to see you
      soon at one of my shows.

      > Phil "Bo" Anderson

      > PS - Bob & Laurie are among about 25 new members to the group in the
      > last 2 months. I think we should offer all our new members a
      chance to get to know us and a chance for us to get to know them. We
      all like to have a good time and enjoy karaoke (and a few beverages)
      when the time allows.
    • Rajesh
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
        Heh..indeedy, Mike. Welcome to the club.

        R.

        --- bobnlauriec <bobnlauriec@...> wrote:

        Ah...the drama! So Bob...tell me one last thing then.
        When was it that you went to Irene's, met Rajesh, and
        got put off by him INSINUATING that you had to go
        through him to sing!! What drivel! I applogize to Bo
        and those who defended this person. If it is not
        clear to them, it is crystal clear to me that this
        person is not who he says he is. When will the drama
        ever cease. I fail to see what jollies these people
        are getting from this,
        but I for one am very tired of it.

        I have been passing questionable messages along,
        because as Bo pointed out, we cannot just assume that
        every new member is a Troll in another guise coming in
        to try to disrupt the board. I will be doing more
        screening in the future. I, like Rhonda would like to
        get back to discussing karaoke, where, when, how, and
        what you did, and get away from the rest of this crap.

        SO, I pass this last message from bobnlaurie along to
        you all, and am letting you know that in the future if
        I find a post at all questionable, I will be rejecting
        it back to the new member with requests for further
        identification. I will possibly posting some APBs out
        to you all asking if you know so-and-so from this show
        or another. If any of you know of anyone who ends
        up being cut off by me that is legit, email me or post
        and let me know.

        Sorry about all the drama...Mike

        Thank you to everyone here who defended my wife and I.
        We are new to the area and were very interested in
        finding the local karaoke spots. I have only stopped
        by briefly to two shows, and
        have yet to sing. The first one was fine, the crowd
        was great and had a very good vibe.
        Te second time at Irene's, I was put off by this Rajy
        person who
        insinuated to me that I had to go through him to be
        able to sing. His messages on this board are written
        like he is the authority on everything! It really put
        me off!
        That is why my initial post was so rude, of which I
        apologize.
        I am not a troll. I have never had previous
        encounters with anyone on this board.
        Rajy is correct, no one can vouch for me since I am
        very new, and no one ever will vouch for me because I
        have no intention of coming to any shows after the way
        I have been allowed to be
        slandered on this board.
        Take Care,
        Bob
      • Susan Smith
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
          One thing you can do is make it that only verified members be able to post....someone who actually has seen them tells the moderator they are real.

          But I don't think that can be done on Yahoo..

        • Phil Anderson
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
            Gigi,

            Please call me "Bo". I'm looking forward to meeting you soon. Lisa has
            talked highly of you, but I keep missing you over at Gators. Maybe
            you'll make it over to Kyle's tonight?

            I echo your sentiments exactly. The whole purpose of this group is to
            talk about karaoke and topics realted to it - When, When, Where, etc.
            Not a bitch-fest directed at individual people (singers or KJs) or
            karaoke companies.

            Phil "Bo" Anderson
            His Royal Highness
            Sheik Ur Butay
            The King Of Karaoke
          • Mike Crooks
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
              But what I can and will be doing is keeping them on
              moderation until we know there is a person behind the
              handle and not a Troll :)! That is why I emphasized
              letting me know if I am blocking someone you know,
              and why I may post a "anybody know this person" post
              from time to time.

              Mike

              --- In KansasCityKaraoke@yahoogroups.com, Susan Smith

              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                And there's a post that shows one deserving of being
                removed from moderation!! Welcome to the group Gigi!

                Mike

                --- In KansasCityKaraoke@yahoogroups.com, "gigiloves2sing"
                <music4gigi@s...> wrote:

                > Mr Anderson,
                > (since I haven't met you, I don't feel right calling you "Bo")
              • rajesh_ecommerce
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                  All,

                  If you recall, I joined & started posting maybe 4 months back. I found
                  out later that the very same people who picked fights with me and
                  later got booted and still keeps popping up under various new Troll
                  IDs were old hands at fomenting trouble, even before I was a member.
                  In fact, one of them picked an argument on here with me even before me
                  & him had even seen each other for real (to this day, we have seen
                  each other thrice, and are yet to even MEET, nor exchange a word).

                  So I believe I should not be blamed for starting anything (maybe I'll
                  take "joint blame" for Continuing things, but hey, it wouldn't have
                  come to 'continuing', if it wasn't STARTED in the first place). I got
                  picked on, and instead of turning away, I stood up for myself, that's all.

                  But I am sure that everyone agrees that things have gotten much better
                  in the past couple of months after the 'mal-contents' got kicked out.
                  The only recent 'scenes' have been caused only around each time a
                  'Troll' ID of one of those mal-contents was outted.

                  Like Mike said, the trolls will soon tire of this and will move away
                  for good. And once that happens, Peace will reign in the valley again.

                  And Gigi, you do not need to worry about any fights breaking out. Most
                  of this is just BS bravado and chest-thumping from both sides. No
                  one's gonna start a fight.... See, I've been to all sorts of bars to
                  do karaoke'ing in the past 5 months, and to count all the barfights
                  I've seen, I've only witnessed ONE minor scuffle so far, and it was
                  unrelated to karaoke or to this group. In fact, I am surprised at the
                  camaraderie I encounter at almost every bar I go to... :-)

                  (I've heard stories about 2 fights, both, coincidentally, involving
                  one of our current Trolls' shows in a bar where he longer has a show.
                  In fact, he was directly involved in one of those fights).

                  Some stuff just speaks for itself.

                  Rajesh.

                  <music4gigi@s...> wrote:

                  > Mr Anderson,
                  > (since I haven't met you, I don't feel right calling you "Bo")
                • kevin shavnore
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                    I Welcome you also Gigi Though I must say when you get the chance to meet me you'll see Im a very quiet relaxed guy and love to meet and hang with people on here.

                    Though we may have differences with people I am usually one to speak out on it cause I am very open with my opinion.

                    Its good you like Karaoke as well we all do, just the reason why we all joined the group. Most people on here though that run Companies or just KJ are very Professional and when it comes to their show they put on a great show regardless the situation. We will never start fights at bars or get involved since it is very unprofessional. I'm pulling a doubler tonight.....Hangin with Bo at Kyles than at Tonys in Olathe I hope you can make Kyles as Id love to meet ya and we can talk about my favorite thing....Karaoke!!!!

                    Kevin

                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                      Gigi, you're also welcome to come to Irene's on December 9th. We really have
                      a mellow and fun crowd. Trust me - there are NO problems at Irene's EVER.
                      Bo is the KJ and so between he and I, any "issues" you may have heard about
                      between different karaoke personalities on this list would NEVER occur there.
                      It's my sandbox and if people can't play nice with the other kids, they leave.
                      Not are "asked to leave" ---- they leave. Sounds tough, doesn't it? I've
                      never had to throw anyone out on a karaoke night -- the people who come to
                      Irene's are there to have fun, sing, and try out the shot specials. Kevin -----
                      where were you for the Horny Green Elves??

                      Anyway, I look forward to seeing you at my bar at some point in the future.

                      Joni

                    • kevin shavnore
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                        Sorry Joni I had to get another shot in my neck on Friday and they made the Dose stronger so it wiped me out so I slept all night, I plan to appear next Friday as it's my weeks of singing for a few months.

                        Kevin

                        kcbarwitch@... wrote:
                        Gigi, you're also welcome to come to Irene's on December 9th. We really have
                        a mellow and fun crowd. Trust me - there are NO problems at Irene's EVER.
                        Bo is the KJ and so between he and I, any "issues" you may have heard about
                        between different karaoke personalities on this list would NEVER occur there.
                        It's my sandbox and if people can't play nice with the other kids, they leave.
                        Not are "asked to leave" ---- they leave. Sounds tough, doesn't it? I've
                        never had to throw anyone out on a karaoke night -- the people who come to
                        Irene's are there to have fun, sing, and try out the shot specials. Kevin -----
                        where were you for the Horny Green Elves??

                        Anyway, I look forward to seeing you at my bar at some point in the future.

                        Joni

                        = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
                        (1) Keep posts karaoke-related.
                        = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
                        (2) If it's not polite/not nice/or not especially positive,
                        it's not welcome to be posted here. Take your issue(s) up
                        privately with the individual, company and/or bar in question.
                        (3) Due to the successful volume of karaoke venues in Kansas
                        City, the upkeep of the KansasCityKaraoke database has become
                        too time-intensive for the group moderators. Therefore, adding
                        database entries for karaoke gigs is now the responsibility of
                        those wanting the exposure for attendance at their shows. The
                        moderators will edit and/or delete entries only, if needed.