File - Before Proceeding With Any Sale, Trade, Etc. of a CD

  • KansasCityKaraoke@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002
      If you choose to participate in the sale, trade, etc. of any cd's amongst yourselves, please be aware that you are on your own. We do not condone the pirating of any cd's. DO NOT USE THIS FREE SERVICE TO SELL, TRADE, OR GIVEAWAY PIRATED VERSIONS OF ANY CD.

      The file area is the only area to "advertise" that you are looking for a particular cd to purchase, or have a cd to sell, trade, etc. Do NOT send these messages to the group.

      Thank you for your abiding by copyright laws.

      **IMPORTANT: When creating your file, DO NOT CHECK ANY BOX under Auto-send to Members.

      P.S. If this service gets to be abused, it will have to be discontinued.....

      The Moderators of KansasCityKaraoke

      In trying to "grow" this site, we are trying to make this more service
      oriented to you, the subscriber. A KJ that runs a fun-filled show
      (Thanks Tiffany!) came up with an idea for this site that we're going
      to try - emphasis on the word 'try'. If you, as an individual, have
      cd's that you bought and do not want to keep for whatever reason, you
      may go to the FILES section of the KansasCityKaraoke site and create a
      file in the appropriate folder to 'advertise' your cd for sale or
      trade.

      KansasCityKaraoke is not a partner or involved in this. However,
      please be aware that we do not condone the sale, trade, etc. of ANY
      pirated version of a cd.

      This area is NOT for dealers to utilize. The amount of space that
      yahoo groups allows is very small, and dealers will have to go
      elsewhere to promote their products. An example of what this space is
      for would be if you have a cd that you just cannot use. Perhaps you
      bought it and found out that you couldn't sing the song for whatever
      reason.

      BE ADVISED that this service will be discontinued with no notice if it
      turns out to be more of a problem than what it's worth. But at the
      moment, it seems like a good idea. When you go to the files section,
      there is a folder to select, and then a file to read first before
      proceeding.

      DO NOT ADVERTISE IN A POST to the KansasCityKaraoke group regarding
      what you have to sell. We want to avoid this subject in the emails
      that go to the whole group. If a person is interested in finding a cd
      to buy or make a trade for, it is up to that individual to go to the
      Files area themselves. A generic reminder email will go out once a
      month regarding this service, mostly so that new members may be
      informed. Any additional questions that you may have regarding this
      subject may be asked in a private email to me at s1955b@.... (Or
      sent to the List Owner Address)

      Thank you for your cooperation.
      {{{Hugs}}}
      Susy
      P.S. Sample of the Please Read First File:
      If you choose to participate in the sale, trade, etc. of any cd's
      amongst yourselves, please be aware that you are on your own. We do
      not condone the pirating of any cd's. DO NOT USE THIS FREE SERVICE TO
      SELL, TRADE, OR GIVEAWAY "PIRATED" VERSIONS OF ANY CD.

      The file area is the only area to "advertise" that you are looking for
      a particular cd to purchase, or have a cd to sell, trade, etc. Do NOT
      send these messages to the group.

      Thank you for your abiding by copyright laws.

      P.S. If this service gets to be abused, it will have to be
      discontinued..... No notice of this discontinuation will be given.

      The Moderators of KansasCityKaraoke
    • s1955b
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002
        Oops! I set this file to go out automatically once a month, but I
        didn't know that "it" was going to choose the day out of the month to
        start! Sorry for the "clutter" of the this message twice in three
        days.
        {{{Hugs}}}
        Susy
      • Elizabeth Holmes
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2002
          Suz - is there any way Yahoo can group the emails &
          subject line but could click in & then read all the
          messages & responses? It it taking me FOREVER to read
          all the info & back/forths. Takes the same amount of
          time to read a 'back at ya' as it does to read one
          with usable info! Not really whining, but there are
          just soooooo many messages...help if possible.

          liz

          PS I am singing at Paola Opry on 1/5 and 1/26 if
          anyone wants to see a country show!

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2002
            Liz,
            This is the 4th Yahoo group that I've been the list
            owner of in three years. And I'm so sorry but I can't
            think of a way to give you what you're asking for. :(
            The only "solution" would be for you to change from
            receiving individual emails and go to Daily Digest.
            (All that day's emails would come in ONE email per
            day.) Would that help any? I know that some responses
            (mine mostly) are just stuff like: "thanks, great!
            Congrats!, Welcome, etc", but I want people to feel
            cared about and that their posts matter.... Which I
            know you understand. If you need the instructions for
            changing over to Daily Digest, let me know and I can
            help.

            I'm not suggesting it, but there's a 3rd option that
            roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of all KansasCityKaraoke members
            choose: Not to receive any email, but they can still
            access the site, read the mail there if they choose,
            post if they choose to, and still have access to the
            database, files, bookmarks, etc. And by the way:
            Congratulations on your upcoming appearances at the
            Paolo Opry Show!
            {{{Hugs}}}
            Susy

            --- Elizabeth Holmes <emholmes99@...> wrote:
            > Suz - is there any way Yahoo can group the emails &
            > subject line but could click in & then read all the
            > messages & responses? It it taking me FOREVER to
            > read all the info & back/forths. Takes the same
            amount of time to read a 'back at ya' as it does to
            read one with usable info! Not really whining, but
            there are just soooooo many messages...help if
            possible. liz PS I am singing at Paola Opry on 1/5
            and 1/26 if anyone wants to see a country show!

            http://greetings.yahoo.com
          • Elizabeth Holmes
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 3, 2002
              Susy - thanks for your help, I knew there was a way
              to ease the pain, just didn't know how. Will try the
              'listing by subject' for a while, that way can check
              every other one. I don't want to miss anything!

              see message from whitecloud who also had ideas to
              help. thanks for being the goddess of the web. this
              is a really neat group and i appreciate your hard
              work! later
              liz

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 4, 2002
                Well, I'm glad you asked your question, Liz, because I learned
                something I didn't know. It DOES seem like a quicker way to wade
                through the posts when we get chatty on here, doesn't it?! But I'm
                sure history will repeat itself and we'll have times when there aren't
                any posts for a little while. Hey, this January is already different
                than last January. Karaoke "seemed" to me to not be so active right
                after Christmas and New Year's. But this January's karaoke already
                seems to be movin' right along! Yay!
                {{{Hugs}}}
                Susy

                --- In KansasCityKaraoke@y..., Elizabeth Holmes <emholmes99@y...>
                wrote: Susy - thanks for your help, I knew there was a way

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
                      I think the autotxt file needs to be redone. I read the same passage three or four times!
                      Matt

                      Invite Your Friends To Subscribe!!!
                      KansasCityKaraoke-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                      If Necessary To Unsubscribe (wah!)