MONTHLY COMMISSIONER MEETING, 11/2/2005, 7:00 pm

  • Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2005
      Reminder Reminder from the Calendar of Kaala_BSA_Commissioners
      MONTHLY COMMISSIONER MEETING

      Wednesday November 2, 2005
      7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
      This event repeats on the first Wednesday of every month.

      Event Location: MILILANI LDS

      Privacy Policy - Terms of Service
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2005

        Won't be able to make it to the meeting tonight.  Will try though!  If I don't make it, here's my report:

                Pack 144 - Had a successful recruitment night.  Think we got 9 new Scouts.  Their first meeting will                         be on Friday, November 11th at St. John's Church.  Shaun Pearce from Troop 144                                 worked with the boys while we talked to the parents.  Difficult part will be getting the
                                parents to assume the leadership roles.  Will begin the paperwork for their attendance at                         Cub-O-Ree and Schofield Day.
                                Have put in another blurb in St. John's Sunday bulletin about their first meeting, Nov. 11.

                Troop 144 - Participated in Troop Fair and their first ever cooking contest.  Boys enjoyed it and at                                 their Monday night troop meeting gave an evaluation.  Boys said they'll begin cooking                                 much later so their food would be fresh.  Duh!  That's exactly what I told them.  I
                                even told them when to begin cooking.  Oh well, live and learn!  Anyway, look for Troop                         144 in future cookouts!  Got a new Scout from         Troop Fair.  One of Daniel Strimel's friend                         from school came by the booth.  What a surprise to find his pal in Scouts!  Devon                                 to Monday night's meeting.  Both he and Grandmother were pleased with the troop so                                 they transferred into Troop 144.  Devon is already a 1st Class Scout.  Troop will be                                 camping at Camp Erhorn the weekend of Nov. 18th.  Troop is in the process of getting
                                new troop T-shirts.

                Pack 326 - Successful recruitment too!  Pack is now doubled in size with about 8 new Scouts.                                  Meeting is tomorrow night with all the new Scouts.  Will get their forms in for Cub-O-Ree                         and Schofield Day too.  Need to get den leaders signed up because we have a                                         Cubmaster and committee chair.

        Will be assisting Liz with the recruitment of Pack 158 in Waikele tomorrow.  Please join us if you can since both Frank and I have to leave for other Scout meetings.

        BTW, do any of you watch the Food Network channel?  They had an Iron Chef event with Boys Scouts.  The way it works is that each group is given the same ingredients and the boys have to be creative to come up with as many dishes as they can make using only those ingredients.  Would love to try this out with our troops.  Of course, I'll volunteer to be in charge!  LOL  =;>)

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 3, 2005

            Hi all!  Here is the info for the Koolau BLT.

            Fee:  $20 (late registration/walk in)

            Time: 7:30 am Saturday, Nov. 5th

            Where:  Kailua LDS Church  Intersection of Kailua Rd. and Wana’ao Rd.

            Also, here’s the upcoming recruitment schedule:

            Pack 158  Thursday, November 03, 2005 @ 7pm @ Waikele Community Park

            Pack 264  Monday, November 7th @ 6pm @ Pearl City Community Center

            Pack 170  Tuesday, November 15th @ 7pm at Waialua Elementary School

            I also attached the inspection sheets, and will bring the nickels, wooden and gold, to Roundtable.

            No word on the new location for Cub o ree, will let you know asap!

            Thanks for all your continued, dedicated help!

            Liz Baldwin

            District Executive

            ebaldwin@...

            595-6366 ext. 228

            571-5745

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 3, 2005

              Liz, are you sure it's Pack 264 having a recruitment at the Pearl City Community Center?  All units with the ending digits of 64 are in the Mililani area
                      164
                      364
                      464
                      564
                      664
                      864
              Who's the chartering organization of 264?  This must be a new unit?
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 3, 2005
                How about maybe Pack 275?
              • gerald_suyama@notes.k12.hi.us
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 3, 2005

                  Barry, please take me off your email list for now...until I'm ready to come back to active status. My tech coordinator found a virus which ca e from one of your commisioner...

                  Please respond to Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

                  Sent by:        Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

                  To:        <Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com>
                  cc:

                  How about maybe Pack 275?
                  Re: [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] Koolau BLT Info

                  Liz, are you sure it's Pack 264 having a recruitment at the Pearl City Community Center?  All units with the ending digits of 64 are in the Mililani area

                         164

                         364

                         464

                         564

                         664

                         864

                  Who's the chartering organization of 264?  This must be a new unit?

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                • Elizabeth Baldwin
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 3, 2005
                    Sorry about the mistake all! Pack 275 is having the recruitment at Pearl City Community Center.

                    Liz, are you sure it's Pack 264 having a recruitment at the Pearl City Community Center? All units with the ending digits of 64 are in the Mililani area
                    164
                    364
                    464
                    564
                    664
                    864
                    Who's the chartering organization of 264? This must be a new unit?

                    Boy scout fund raising <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Boy+scout+fund+raising&w1=Boy+scout+fund+raising&w2=Boy+scout+idea+for+fund+raising&w3=Boy+scout&w4=Boy+scout+patch&w5=Football+scouting+software&w6=Boy+scout+merit+badges&c=6&s=161&.sig=A0mt_cgbpFY3qOZXmpx9Sg> Boy scout idea for fund raising <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Boy+scout+idea+for+fund+raising&w1=Boy+scout+fund+raising&w2=Boy+scout+idea+for+fund+raising&w3=Boy+scout&w4=Boy+scout+patch&w5=Football+scouting+software&w6=Boy+scout+merit+badges&c=6&s=161&.sig=7ni5rj3XSRZHwZ1l1dtwBw> Boy scout <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Boy+scout&w1=Boy+scout+fund+raising&w2=Boy+scout+idea+for+fund+raising&w3=Boy+scout&w4=Boy+scout+patch&w5=Football+scouting+software&w6=Boy+scout+merit+badges&c=6&s=161&.sig=s0kBHIxzC_A_xtL-G1u7zw>
                    Boy scout patch <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Boy+scout+patch&w1=Boy+scout+fund+raising&w2=Boy+scout+idea+for+fund+raising&w3=Boy+scout&w4=Boy+scout+patch&w5=Football+scouting+software&w6=Boy+scout+merit+badges&c=6&s=161&.sig=psDZy5HirOgggCX5dPLWjg> Football scouting software <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Football+scouting+software&w1=Boy+scout+fund+raising&w2=Boy+scout+idea+for+fund+raising&w3=Boy+scout&w4=Boy+scout+patch&w5=Football+scouting+software&w6=Boy+scout+merit+badges&c=6&s=161&.sig=Bf3dbkQus0Lrz_jY5VM8jw> Boy scout merit badges <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Boy+scout+merit+badges&w1=Boy+scout+fund+raising&w2=Boy+scout+idea+for+fund+raising&w3=Boy+scout&w4=Boy+scout+patch&w5=Football+scouting+software&w6=Boy+scout+merit+badges&c=6&s=161&.sig=gtNqulHoZjwCoUwj4KqxQw>

                    _____

                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                    _____
                  • Elizabeth Baldwin
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005

                      Hello!

                      I have found out that the Silver Beaver application MUST be used when submitting a person for this award.  With so many applications for the board to review, they have requested that we use the application given, and try our best to confine our remarks to what will fit on there.  (Although with so many of our volunteers being so involved and deserving, confining praise may be a challenge!)

                      Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with!

                      Mahalo!

                      Liz Baldwin

                      District Executive

                      ebaldwin@...

                      595-6366 ext. 228

                      571-5745

                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 10, 2005

                        Were you able to contact the families from Pack 144 regarding our meeting tomorrow night?  I put a blurb into the parish bulletin so I'm hoping we get a few more boys.  Sorry I had to ask you to do this but there was no way I could do it when you have all the contact numbers.  Mahalo!