Re: [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] COMMISSIONER CONFERENCE

  • TERRENCE KONG
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 10, 2005
      Barry:

      1.  Can't make the Commissioners' Conference on the 17th - previous commitment.

      2.  Sorry missed the September District Commissioners' Meeting - family emergency.

      4.  Attended meeting / met with Troop 32 admin. - doing fine, had summer camp at Pupukea, attending Camporee this weekend.

      5.  Met with Pack 167 admin. - still keeps on ticking, had summer service project, camp.
           Will hold Raingutter Regatta end of this month.
           Still recruiting/signing up boys.

      6.  Keeping in touch with both units, they're doing fine.

      TK
        Thanks for the update.  I saw lots of Webelos from P 167 at the"Webelos at Camporee" yesterday, as well as Troop 32 there, very active, and winning ribbons for their Scout skills.

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 12, 2005
            Myrna,

            This is not Commissioner Basic Traiining.  However, it will help expand your knowledge as a UC.  I am planning to provide UC Basic Training at the Kaala BLT on 15 Oct.  Unless you are already booked as an instructor, you can sign up for UC training.

            Alternately, I can do a one-on-one session also, at your convenience (based on my schedule availability).

            Haven't been trained as a Unit Commissioner yet.  Will this count as my
            training?  My schedule is rather tight now but I'll make it a point to
            attend if it qualifies me to be "trained".

          • Wong, Kenneth K CIV-CONT (CSP N433211)
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 13, 2005
              Barry,

              Need help? Or just my attendance?

              Aloha,
              Ken

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 13, 2005
                Ken,

                Just your attendance unless Frank Godek wants you to help him with his RT Commissioner session.

                r/Barry

                Please plan on attending the Commissioner's Conference on 17 September
                at the Kahala LDS church.  Check-in is at 7:30 AM and we should be done
                by about 1:30 PM. I believe the cost is about $8.00, which includes
                lunch.  Please let me know whether you can or cannot attend.  You can
                reply to the yahoo group email, send me an email directly
                (nupen.ohana@...) or call me, at home or at work.  There will
                be sessions for Roundtable Commissioners as well as Unit Commissioners
                and ADCs.

                As I receive additional information, I wil pass it on.

                Thanks,

                Barry Nupen
                Ka'ala District Commissioner
                (h) 623-3538
                (c) 384-6620

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Frank Godek
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 13, 2005
                  Ken,

                  Dana and I would love it if you could help with the Roundtable presentation.  Its a short one - 50 minutes - but it would be nice to have something on the Boy Scout side of Roundtable in addition to the Cub side.  We can talk about it at the Roundtable Planning Meeting tonight.

                  Frank