COMMISSIONER CONFERENCE

  • Barry Nupen
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 9, 2005
      All,

      Please plan on attending the Commissioner's Conference on 17 September
      at the Kahala LDS church. Check-in is at 7:30 AM and we should be done
      by about 1:30 PM. I believe the cost is about $8.00, which includes
      lunch. Please let me know whether you can or cannot attend. You can
      reply to the yahoo group email, send me an email directly
      (nupen.ohana@...) or call me, at home or at work. There will
      be sessions for Roundtable Commissioners as well as Unit Commissioners
      and ADCs.

      As I receive additional information, I wil pass it on.

      Thanks,

      Barry Nupen
      Ka'ala District Commissioner
      (h) 623-3538
      (c) 384-6620
    • theapete@gte.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 9, 2005
        =====================
        From: Barry Nupen <barry.nupen@...>
        Date: Fri Sep 09 20:28:00 CDT 2005
        To: Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] COMMISSIONER CONFERENCE

        All,

        Please plan on attending the Commissioner's Conference on 17 September
        at the Kahala LDS church.? Check-in is at 7:30 AM and we should be done
        by about 1:30 PM. I believe the cost is about $8.00, which includes
        lunch.? Please let me know whether you can or cannot attend.? You can
        reply to the yahoo group email, send me an email directly
        (nupen.ohana@...) or call me, at home or at work.? There will
        be sessions for Roundtable Commissioners as well as Unit Commissioners
        and ADCs.

        As I receive additional information, I wil pass it on.

        Thanks,

        Barry Nupen
        Ka'ala District Commissioner
        (h) 623-3538
        (c) 384-6620

        IS THIS LIKE THE COLLEGE OF COMMISSONERS OR WHAT.
        PETE

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        ?Visit your group "<a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kaala_BSA_Commissioners">Kaala_BSA_Commissioners</a>" on the web.
        ? ?To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
        ? ?Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 9, 2005
          Pete (and all for info),

          Somewhat like College of Commissioner Science, but a different format. It
          will run parallel to the District Committee training, will include specific
          classes for RT and UCs, etc., plus, usually also includes a large group
          gathering of all commissioners.

          > Please plan on attending the Commissioner's Conference on 17 September
          > at the Kahala LDS church.? Check-in is at 7:30 AM and we should be done
          > by about 1:30 PM. I believe the cost is about $8.00, which includes
          > lunch.? Please let me know whether you can or cannot attend.? You can
          > reply to the yahoo group email, send me an email directly
          > (nupen.ohana@...) or call me, at home or at work.? There will
          > be sessions for Roundtable Commissioners as well as Unit Commissioners
          > and ADCs.
          >
          > As I receive additional information, I wil pass it on.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Barry Nupen
          > Ka'ala District Commissioner
          > (h) 623-3538
          > (c) 384-6620
          >

          > IS THIS LIKE THE COLLEGE OF COMMISSONERS OR WHAT.
          > PETE

          > fund raising Boy scout
          > Boy scout patch
          > Football scouting software Boy scout
          > merit badges Boy scout uniforms
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          > ?Visit your group "<a
          > href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kaala_BSA_Commissioners">Kaala_BSA_Commissioners</a>"
          > on the web.
          > ? ?To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          > ? ?Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • TERRENCE KONG
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 10, 2005
            Barry:

            1.  Can't make the Commissioners' Conference on the 17th - previous commitment.

            2.  Sorry missed the September District Commissioners' Meeting - family emergency.

            4.  Attended meeting / met with Troop 32 admin. - doing fine, had summer camp at Pupukea, attending Camporee this weekend.

            5.  Met with Pack 167 admin. - still keeps on ticking, had summer service project, camp.
                 Will hold Raingutter Regatta end of this month.
                 Still recruiting/signing up boys.

            6.  Keeping in touch with both units, they're doing fine.

            TK
              Thanks for the update.  I saw lots of Webelos from P 167 at the"Webelos at Camporee" yesterday, as well as Troop 32 there, very active, and winning ribbons for their Scout skills.

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 12, 2005
                  Myrna,

                  This is not Commissioner Basic Traiining.  However, it will help expand your knowledge as a UC.  I am planning to provide UC Basic Training at the Kaala BLT on 15 Oct.  Unless you are already booked as an instructor, you can sign up for UC training.

                  Alternately, I can do a one-on-one session also, at your convenience (based on my schedule availability).

                  Haven't been trained as a Unit Commissioner yet.  Will this count as my
                  training?  My schedule is rather tight now but I'll make it a point to
                  attend if it qualifies me to be "trained".

                • Wong, Kenneth K CIV-CONT (CSP N433211)
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 13, 2005
                    Barry,

                    Need help? Or just my attendance?

                    Aloha,
                    Ken

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 13, 2005
                      Ken,

                      Just your attendance unless Frank Godek wants you to help him with his RT Commissioner session.

                      r/Barry

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 13, 2005
                        Ken,

                        Dana and I would love it if you could help with the Roundtable presentation.  Its a short one - 50 minutes - but it would be nice to have something on the Boy Scout side of Roundtable in addition to the Cub side.  We can talk about it at the Roundtable Planning Meeting tonight.

                        Frank