MONTHLY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ON SEPT 7

  • Barry Nupen
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2005
      All,

      Please plan to attend our monthly Commissioner's meeting on Wed Sep
      7th. I will have just returned from the mainland that day, but we
      need to keep moving forward on Commissioner Service in our
      district. We have a number of units that are at risk right now, and
      we need to strategize an action plan to help them. At our last
      District Committee meeting, we identified the units which were in
      the most critical condition - Packs 144, 146, 157, 158, 170, 183,
      and 564.

      In almost all cases, the common problem is lack of leadership - too
      many leaders are trying to do it solo, or too few parents are
      willing to help with the units and the programs for the boys.

      We will spend time at this meeting talking about a "Swat Team" to
      help these units with assistance in recruiting boys AND parents,
      providing training, and such.

      Hope to see you there - FYI, I will be on Island thru 24 Aug, and
      then on the mainland until the afternoon of 7 Sep. If you need to
      reach me while I am on the mainland, my cell phone # is (808) 384-
      6620

      kaala District Commissioner
    • Samantha & Kauokalani Moikeha
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 2005
        Barry,
        I'll plan on being there. I've been a bit behind the 8 ball this
        summer. Our family has been on a roller coaster ride the last few
        months and we've finally been able to move forward with a plan. Take a
        look at our family's blog page for the details but in a nut shell, our
        daughter was diagnosed with a disease that requires she go through
        chemotherapy. All in all it's been an adventure. The URL is
        http://moikehaohana.blogspot.com
        Kauokalani Moikeha

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 19, 2005

          Kauokalani,

          Wow - you have had QUITE a summer - QUITE an ordeal. And so it continues......Your family, and especially your daughter will be in my prayers.

          Commissioners - I suggest you all go read Kauokalani's blog - I commend his entire family for their endurance and the love and caring they show each other.

          Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 5:30 PM
          Subject: Re: [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] MONTHLY COMMISSIONERS MEETING ON SEPT 7

[...]

          ?  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

          ?  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .