Fw: Webelos Camp-O-Ree Staff Request

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2005

      Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 9:12 AM
      Subject: Webelos Camp-O-Ree Staff Request

      Hi Barry,

      I sent this message out and was wondering if you could pass it along to your Unit Commissioners to help get the word out. Thanks for your help.  dana

      Happy 4th of July All,

      We are getting ready for the Boy Scout Camp-O-Ree coming this September.  As you know, the Webelos come up for a visit to see what it's all about.  I am putting my "feelers" out to see if anyone would like to be on the Webelos Camp-O-Ree Staff.

      The rule is the same this year, only registered adult leaders may chaperone the boys.  So if there are any Webelos parents that would like a different way to keep any eye on their boy(s), come join the Webelos Camp-O-Ree Staff!  Of course, I will never turn down help.  If their are any Boy Scout parents that are not chaperoning their Boy Scouts and would like a way to "take a peek" the Webelos would love to have you.

      Last year there were some complaints about the downtime between dinner and the campfire so to fill the time, we have decided to work on the Outdoorsman Webelos Activity Badge.  Check-in will be at 1 PM this year instead of 2 PM so that we have time to get the boys started on the badge by learning some knots.  This will also help to prepare them for at least one of the Boy Scout activities in which they will participate.  We will finish the work for the Activity Badge after dinner.  The Outdoorsman Badge includes a lot of basic Scout skills so even if your Webelos have already earned it, a refresher with a different perspective certainly can't hurt.

      We have the following positions available: Program Director, Dinner Planner (buns, chili and hot dogs have already been donated), Knot tyers - one person per knot (Bowline, Clove Hitch, Two Half Hitches, Taut-Line Hitch) & Registration.

      I appreciate your help in getting the word out.  If you or someone you know is interested in helping, please contact me via my e-mail dana@... or call me at 623-9415.  Our next committee meeting is on Monday July 11th, 7 p.m. at the Mauka McDonalds.  Hope to see you there.

      Thank you,
      Dana Godek
      Webelos Camp-O-Ree Director