Re: [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] MONTHLY COMMISSIONER'S MEETING WED AT 7 PM

  • David Jayme
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2005
      Barry - thanks for the helpful spreadsheet. As I communicated yesterday
      to Joanne, I regret that I have a business commitment tomorrow evening
      that will preclude my attendance at the monthly meeting.

      Regards,
      Dave

      >>> nupen.ohana@... 05/02 11:14 PM >>>
      All,

      Please plan to attend the monthly commissioner's meeting on Wed at 7
      PM. Also, please prepare a short report on the status of your assigned
      units and your recent contacts with them (in person, phone, or email).
      As commissioners, we need to focus on our assigned units and,
      especially, be aware of any problems or issues that should be addressed.
      We spent a LOT of energy in the last 6 months to rebuild and
      re-energize a number of our smaller and struggling units. The better
      job we do in providing unit service to ALL units, and to these
      struggling units in particular, the more successful we as commissioners
      will be in helping units provide a QUALITY program to the boys.

      I am also attaching the most current copy of units/unit leaders/contact
      information to assist you in reaching out to your assigned units.

      Please let me know if you cannot attend on Wednesday.

      Ka'ala District Commissioner
      (h) 623-3538
      (h) nupen.ohana@...
      (w) 474-6965
      (w) barry.nupen@...
    • Chester Kasaoka
      Message 2 of 13 , May 3, 2005
        Barry:

        Will be leaving on a trip tomorrow, so can't attend.  Also, can't open the attachment.  What program are you using?

        Chester

      • gerald_suyama@notes.k12.hi.us
        Message 3 of 13 , May 3, 2005

          Please keep me in the loop...

          Please respond to Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

          Sent by:        Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

          To:        <Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com>
          cc:

          Gerald,

          Thanks for the update.  I figured that was possibly the case after your last email several months ago.  We'll look forward to seeing you as an active Scouting volunteer in 2 years, after your retirement.  Do you want to stay in the Commissioner's email group (so you know what is going on), or would you prefer to have your name dropped from the list?

          Re: [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] MONTHLY COMMISSIONER'S MEETING WED AT 7 PM

          Barry,

          I'm sorry, but on advice from my doctor, I need to take a sabbatical from scouting. As long as I am working at the high school I just can 't take on anything more at this time. I'm planning to retire in June '07. At which time I intend to give back to scouting as I had planned.

          Please respond to Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

          Sent by:        Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

          To:        "Kaala Commissioners" <Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com>
          cc:
          Subject:

          Message 4 of 13 , May 3, 2005
            Chester,

            Thanks for the reply.  Attachment was an excel spreadsheet.  I can probably convert it to something else if necessary.

            Message 5 of 13 , May 3, 2005
              Barry,

              If not too much trouble, copy the spreadsheet and paste it onto an email.  Thanks.

              Chester
              Thanks for the reply.  Attachment was an excel spreadsheet.  I can probably convert it to something else if necessary.

              Barry

            • Toby Clairmont
              Message 6 of 13 , May 4, 2005

                Hi Barry…

                Regret I’m on the mainland until Thursday evening.  I’ll miss our monthly meeting.

                Tob

                TOBY L. CLAIRMONT, RN, CEM

                Emergency Program Manager

                Healthcare Association of Hawaii

                Team Leader (GS-301-15)

                Hawaii Disaster Medical Assistance Team

                FEMA - National Disaster Medical System

                U.S. Department of Homeland Security

                E-mail:       toby@...

                Voice:        (808) 864-7723

                Facsimile:  (808) 625-3683

                To reach us in an emergency, contact Physicians Exchange at (808) 566-5052.

                'Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.'

                                                               - Benjamin Franklin

                Message 7 of 13 , May 14, 2005
                  Message
                  Howzit Barry:

                  Sorry did not reply.  My computer was out of commission since the beginning of May.

                  Just got it back.  Am now just getting to my mail..

                  Anyhow.

                  Visited Pack 167 on April 29, Pack meeting.  They're doing fine.

                  The crossover of cub boys to boy scouts was successful.  So far everyone is doing fine.

                  Spoke, in person, to Troop 32 Scoutmaster, Brian K. and Committee Chair, Lana Seki (my neighbor) and no problems to report.

                  That's it for now.

                  TK

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 17, 2005
                    Message

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 17, 2005
                      Message

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 17, 2005
                        Message
                        Thanks for the update.  Appreciate your efforts to continue to support your units.