Re: [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] MONTHLY COMMISSIONER'S MEETING WED AT 7 PM

  • gerald_suyama@notes.k12.hi.us
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2005

      Barry,
      I'm sorry, but on advice from my doctor, I need to take a sabbatical from scouting. As long as I am working at the high school I just can 't take on anything more at this time. I'm planning to retire in June '07. At which time I intend to give back to scouting as I had planned.

      Please respond to Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

      Sent by:        Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

      To:        "Kaala Commissioners" <Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com>
      cc:
      Subject:        [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] MONTHLY COMMISSIONER'S MEETING WED AT 7 PM

      All,

      Please plan to attend the monthly commissioner's meeting on Wed at 7 PM.  Also, please prepare a short report on the status of your assigned units and your recent contacts with them (in person, phone, or email).  As commissioners, we need to focus on our assigned units and, especially, be aware of any problems or issues that should be addressed.  We spent a LOT of energy in the last 6 months to rebuild and re-energize a number of our smaller and struggling units.  The better job we do in providing unit service to ALL units, and to these struggling units in particular, the more successful we as commissioners will be in helping units provide a QUALITY program to the boys.

      I am also attaching the most current copy of units/unit leaders/contact information to assist you in reaching out to your assigned units.

      Please let me know if you cannot attend on Wednesday.

      Ka'ala District Commissioner
      (h) 623-3538
      (h) nupen.ohana@...
      (w) 474-6965
      (w) barry.nupen@...

      Message 2 of 13 , May 3, 2005
        Gerald,

        Thanks for the update.  I figured that was possibly the case after your last email several months ago.  We'll look forward to seeing you as an active Scouting volunteer in 2 years, after your retirement.  Do you want to stay in the Commissioner's email group (so you know what is going on), or would you prefer to have your name dropped from the list?

        To:        "Kaala Commissioners" <Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com>
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • David Jayme
        Message 3 of 13 , May 3, 2005
          Barry - thanks for the helpful spreadsheet. As I communicated yesterday
          to Joanne, I regret that I have a business commitment tomorrow evening
          that will preclude my attendance at the monthly meeting.

          Regards,
          Dave

          >>> nupen.ohana@... 05/02 11:14 PM >>>
[...]

        • Chester Kasaoka
          Message 4 of 13 , May 3, 2005
            Barry:

            Will be leaving on a trip tomorrow, so can't attend.  Also, can't open the attachment.  What program are you using?

            Chester

              Message 6 of 13 , May 3, 2005
                Chester,

                Thanks for the reply.  Attachment was an excel spreadsheet.  I can probably convert it to something else if necessary.

                Message 7 of 13 , May 3, 2005
                  Barry,

                  If not too much trouble, copy the spreadsheet and paste it onto an email.  Thanks.

                  Chester
                  Thanks for the reply.  Attachment was an excel spreadsheet.  I can probably convert it to something else if necessary.

                  Barry

                • Toby Clairmont
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 4, 2005

                    Hi Barry…

                    Regret I’m on the mainland until Thursday evening.  I’ll miss our monthly meeting.

                    Tob

                    TOBY L. CLAIRMONT, RN, CEM

                    Emergency Program Manager

                    Healthcare Association of Hawaii

                    Team Leader (GS-301-15)

                    Hawaii Disaster Medical Assistance Team

                    FEMA - National Disaster Medical System

                    U.S. Department of Homeland Security

                    E-mail:       toby@...

                    Voice:        (808) 864-7723

                    Facsimile:  (808) 625-3683

                    To reach us in an emergency, contact Physicians Exchange at (808) 566-5052.

                    'Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.'

                                                                   - Benjamin Franklin

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 14, 2005
                      Message
                      Howzit Barry:

                      Sorry did not reply.  My computer was out of commission since the beginning of May.

                      Just got it back.  Am now just getting to my mail..

                      Anyhow.

                      Visited Pack 167 on April 29, Pack meeting.  They're doing fine.

                      The crossover of cub boys to boy scouts was successful.  So far everyone is doing fine.

                      Spoke, in person, to Troop 32 Scoutmaster, Brian K. and Committee Chair, Lana Seki (my neighbor) and no problems to report.

                      That's it for now.

                      TK

                          Message 12 of 13 , May 17, 2005
                            Message
                            Thanks for the update.  Appreciate your efforts to continue to support your units.