MONTHLY COMMISSIONER'S MEETING WED AT 7 PM

    Message 1 of 13 , May 3 2:14 AM
      All,

      Please plan to attend the monthly commissioner's meeting on Wed at 7 PM.  Also, please prepare a short report on the status of your assigned units and your recent contacts with them (in person, phone, or email).  As commissioners, we need to focus on our assigned units and, especially, be aware of any problems or issues that should be addressed.  We spent a LOT of energy in the last 6 months to rebuild and re-energize a number of our smaller and struggling units.  The better job we do in providing unit service to ALL units, and to these struggling units in particular, the more successful we as commissioners will be in helping units provide a QUALITY program to the boys.

      I am also attaching the most current copy of units/unit leaders/contact information to assist you in reaching out to your assigned units.

      Please let me know if you cannot attend on Wednesday.

      Ka'ala District Commissioner
      (h) 623-3538
      (w) 474-6965

    • gerald_suyama@notes.k12.hi.us
      Message 2 of 13 , May 3 11:51 AM

        Barry,
        I'm sorry, but on advice from my doctor, I need to take a sabbatical from scouting. As long as I am working at the high school I just can 't take on anything more at this time. I'm planning to retire in June '07. At which time I intend to give back to scouting as I had planned.

        Please respond to Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

        Sent by:        Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

        To:        "Kaala Commissioners" <Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] MONTHLY COMMISSIONER'S MEETING WED AT 7 PM

[...]

        (h) nupen.ohana@...
        (w) 474-6965
        (w) barry.nupen@...

        Message 3 of 13 , May 3 12:22 PM
          Gerald,

          Thanks for the update.  I figured that was possibly the case after your last email several months ago.  We'll look forward to seeing you as an active Scouting volunteer in 2 years, after your retirement.  Do you want to stay in the Commissioner's email group (so you know what is going on), or would you prefer to have your name dropped from the list?

          To:        "Kaala Commissioners" <Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com>
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • David Jayme
          Message 4 of 13 , May 3 12:35 PM
            Barry - thanks for the helpful spreadsheet. As I communicated yesterday
            to Joanne, I regret that I have a business commitment tomorrow evening
            that will preclude my attendance at the monthly meeting.

            Regards,
            Dave

            >>> nupen.ohana@... 05/02 11:14 PM >>>
[...]

          • Chester Kasaoka
            Message 5 of 13 , May 3 1:06 PM
              Barry:

              Will be leaving on a trip tomorrow, so can't attend.  Also, can't open the attachment.  What program are you using?

              Chester

              Message 6 of 13 , May 3 1:11 PM

                Please keep me in the loop...

                Please respond to Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

                Sent by:        Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

                To:        <Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com>
                cc:

                Gerald,

                Thanks for the update.  I figured that was possibly the case after your last email several months ago.  We'll look forward to seeing you as an active Scouting volunteer in 2 years, after your retirement.  Do you want to stay in the Commissioner's email group (so you know what is going on), or would you prefer to have your name dropped from the list?

                Re: [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] MONTHLY COMMISSIONER'S MEETING WED AT 7 PM

                Barry,

                I'm sorry, but on advice from my doctor, I need to take a sabbatical from scouting. As long as I am working at the high school I just can 't take on anything more at this time. I'm planning to retire in June '07. At which time I intend to give back to scouting as I had planned.

                Please respond to Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

                Sent by:        Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

                To:        "Kaala Commissioners" <Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com>
                cc:
                Subject:

                Message 7 of 13 , May 3 1:22 PM
                  Chester,

                  Thanks for the reply.  Attachment was an excel spreadsheet.  I can probably convert it to something else if necessary.

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 3 1:48 PM
                    Barry,

                    If not too much trouble, copy the spreadsheet and paste it onto an email.  Thanks.

                    Chester
                    Thanks for the reply.  Attachment was an excel spreadsheet.  I can probably convert it to something else if necessary.

                    Barry

                  • Toby Clairmont
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 4 5:28 AM

                      Hi Barry…

                      Regret I’m on the mainland until Thursday evening.  I’ll miss our monthly meeting.

                      Tob

                      TOBY L. CLAIRMONT, RN, CEM

                      Emergency Program Manager

                      Healthcare Association of Hawaii

                      Team Leader (GS-301-15)

                      Hawaii Disaster Medical Assistance Team

                      FEMA - National Disaster Medical System

                      U.S. Department of Homeland Security

                      E-mail:       toby@...

                      Voice:        (808) 864-7723

                      Facsimile:  (808) 625-3683

                      To reach us in an emergency, contact Physicians Exchange at (808) 566-5052.

                      'Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.'

                                                                     - Benjamin Franklin

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 14 7:53 PM
                        Message
                        Howzit Barry:

                        Sorry did not reply.  My computer was out of commission since the beginning of May.

                        Just got it back.  Am now just getting to my mail..

                        Anyhow.

                        Visited Pack 167 on April 29, Pack meeting.  They're doing fine.

                        The crossover of cub boys to boy scouts was successful.  So far everyone is doing fine.

                        Spoke, in person, to Troop 32 Scoutmaster, Brian K. and Committee Chair, Lana Seki (my neighbor) and no problems to report.

                        That's it for now.

                        TK

                        Message 11 of 13 , May 17 12:43 AM
                          Message

                          Message 12 of 13 , May 17 12:45 AM
                            Message

                            Message 13 of 13 , May 17 12:47 AM
                              Message
                              Thanks for the update.  Appreciate your efforts to continue to support your units.