Re: CAMP COMMISSIONER HELP NEEDED ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY MORNINGS

  • Barry Nupen
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 27, 2006
      So how has the last week of camp been going? I'm writing this at
      the hotel in San Antonio, after 4 days in Corpus Christi. Had some
      moderate thunder showers down on the Gulf Coast 2 days ago, but
      otherwise....typical south Texas summer - HOT!!!! mid 80's to mid
      90's and LOTS of humidity to go around. San Antonio is a little
      less humid, but also hotter. Be back tomorrow afternoon or evening
      (afternoon if I can change my flight, since we finished early today
      at Corpus and I drove up this afternoon, instead of waiting to drive
      up tomorrow morning).

      I understand that there is a Council Key 3 golf tournament next week
      also, in lieu of (or in conjunction with???) the monthly Key 3
      meeting. Guess I will sort it all out tomorrow night and Saturday
      morning.

      And.....THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HELPED OUT AT SUMMER CAMP!!!!!

      Barry

      --- In Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com,
      Myrna_Daguio/MILUKA/HIDOE@... wrote:

      > Yes, there definitely should be more volunteers from Ko Olina and
      > Kamehameha Districts since their DEs are running the camp. Thank
      you very
      > much, Frank, for helping out too. If any of you go up to Camp
      Pupukea
      > tonight, they're having a luau at 6:00 p.m. That's a lot of
      motivation,
      > huh? I'm still in school getting my class ready for school next
      week.
      > Shucks!
      >

      > Please respond to Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com
      > Sent by: Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com
      > To: <Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com>
      > cc: (bcc: Myrna Daguio/MILUKA/HIDOE)
      > Subject: RE: [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] CAMP COMMISSIONER
      HELP
      > NEEDED ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY MORNINGS
      >
      > And me! I was up there on 2 days during the 2nd week. Didn't get
      up
      > there this week because of problems but I am planning on going up
      for 2 or
      > 3 days next week. If you count DE's I know that Wade has been up
      to help,
      > too. Karl Sakai is from Kam District so that makes 4 Kaala
      volunteers (5
      > if Chester goes up), 1 Kapiolani, and 3 Kam. What happened to
      Koolina,
      > Koolau Poko, and Koolau Loa?
      >
      > Frank

      Ka'ala
      > District...Joe Picon, Barry Nupen, Liz Baldwin, and myself. In
      fact for
      > the 4 days I was there, the extra help from the other districts
      came from
      > Lindy and Carl (don't know what district he's from). Yea,
      Ka'ala!!! BTW,
      > do any of you know if others have gone up to help? I heard
      Chester was
      > going up there as soon as he gets back from Japan. What a
      Scouter! No
      > jetlag, Chester?
      >

      > I mentioned that help was needed at the Council Key 3 meeting last
      week
      > during the Commissioner break-out. Lindy was there, too, and he
      mentioned
      > it as well. From what I've heard though, the help has all been
      from
      > Ka'ala with the exception of Lindy (Kapiolani) and Jeff Owens
      (Kam).

      > Frank

      AM to
      > about 10-11 AM to help check the Troops out of their campsites.
      This
      > includes inspections of the campsites, the patrol boxes (if they
      used Camp
      > Pupukea equipment), and such.
      >
      > Also, they will need help to check in Troops on Sunday - lunch at
      about
      > 11-12 or so, and Troop check-in starts at 1 PM. This is also a
      unique
      > opportunity on Sunday to actually meet and assist a Boy Scout
      Troop from

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 27, 2006

        Hi!  I loved San Antonio.  Visited the Alamo, rode the boat on the San Antonio River, went to the Indian museum, and ate the wonderful Tex-Mex food.  Brought home a bunch of those red, hot peppers too.  Hope you picked up some of their delicious salsa.  Watched the San Antonio Spurs game!  My favorite team.

        Anyway, hope people could go up to Camp Pupukea this week.  I haven't been able to since I've been in school all week and the children report on Monday.  Have a safe trip back to the Islands!