RE: [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] CAMP COMMISSIONER HELP NEEDED ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY MORNINGS

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 21, 2006

      Thanks, Frank.  Yes, you're right about the help coming from the Ka'ala District...Joe Picon, Barry Nupen, Liz Baldwin, and myself.  In fact for the 4 days I was there, the extra help from the other districts came from Lindy and Carl (don't know what district he's from).  Yea, Ka'ala!!!  BTW, do any of you know if others have gone up to help?  I heard Chester was going up there as soon as he gets back from Japan.  What a Scouter!  No jetlag, Chester?

      I mentioned that help was needed at the Council Key 3 meeting last week during the Commissioner break-out.  Lindy was there, too, and he mentioned it as well.  From what I've heard though, the help has all been from Ka'ala with the exception of Lindy (Kapiolani) and Jeff Owens (Kam).

      Frank

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 21, 2006
        And me!  I was up there on 2 days during the 2nd week.  Didn't get up there this week because of problems but I am planning on going up for 2 or 3 days next week.  If you count DE's I know that Wade has been up to help, too.  Karl Sakai is from Kam District so that makes 4 Kaala volunteers (5 if Chester goes up), 1 Kapiolani, and 3 Kam.  What happened to Koolina, Koolau Poko, and Koolau Loa?

        Frank

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 21, 2006

          Yes, there definitely should be more volunteers from Ko Olina and Kamehameha Districts since their DEs are running the camp.  Thank you very much, Frank, for helping out too.  If any of you go up to Camp Pupukea tonight, they're having a luau at 6:00 p.m.  That's a lot of motivation, huh?  I'm still in school getting my class ready for school next week.  Shucks!

          Please respond to Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

          Sent by:        Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com

          To:        <Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com>
          cc:         (bcc: Myrna Daguio/MILUKA/HIDOE)

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 27, 2006
            So how has the last week of camp been going? I'm writing this at
            the hotel in San Antonio, after 4 days in Corpus Christi. Had some
            moderate thunder showers down on the Gulf Coast 2 days ago, but
            otherwise....typical south Texas summer - HOT!!!! mid 80's to mid
            90's and LOTS of humidity to go around. San Antonio is a little
            less humid, but also hotter. Be back tomorrow afternoon or evening
            (afternoon if I can change my flight, since we finished early today
            at Corpus and I drove up this afternoon, instead of waiting to drive
            up tomorrow morning).

            I understand that there is a Council Key 3 golf tournament next week
            also, in lieu of (or in conjunction with???) the monthly Key 3
            meeting. Guess I will sort it all out tomorrow night and Saturday
            morning.

            And.....THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HELPED OUT AT SUMMER CAMP!!!!!

            Barry

            --- In Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com,

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 27, 2006

              Hi!  I loved San Antonio.  Visited the Alamo, rode the boat on the San Antonio River, went to the Indian museum, and ate the wonderful Tex-Mex food.  Brought home a bunch of those red, hot peppers too.  Hope you picked up some of their delicious salsa.  Watched the San Antonio Spurs game!  My favorite team.

              Anyway, hope people could go up to Camp Pupukea this week.  I haven't been able to since I've been in school all week and the children report on Monday.  Have a safe trip back to the Islands!