My Letter to the Editor...

  • Toby Clairmont
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2006

      Sharing with you my Letter to the Editor – Honolulu Advertiser

      Character unbecoming an Officer and Eagle scout

      I have learned that when a boy reaches the rank of Eagle Scout, he has usually learned that promises and other words of commitment are matters of personal integrity and honor.

      When that same boy grows to become a man and raises his right hand during a military commissioning ceremony, he also promises to protect the Constitution of the United States and follow the orders of officers appointed over him.  These are more than words; they are a solemn pledge to protect our nation, our way of life and each of our families.

      It is remarkable that 1LT Watada would compromise his personal integrity and honor by casting aside all that he has learned and all of us who believe that words mean something.

      Shame on you Lt Watada! You are disgracing your family, Boy Scouting, your country and all of us who have served our nation in both war and peace.

      You still have time to make things right by fulfilling your duty and serving proudly. Remember that pledge you made so many years ago to "...to do my duty to God and my Country...".

      Words mean something...they define the man.

      /s/ Toby L. Clairmont