RE: [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] MONTHLY COMMISSIONER MEETING, 2/1/2006, 7:00 pm

  • Frank Godek
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 5, 2006
      Thanks, Myrna.  So there is definitely a need to get some info out about the qualifications for Quality Unit!

      Frank

      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 6, 2006

        Have a dinner to go to on Friday so I'll email my report to all of you later.  Also, we've had a display and/or games at the Mililani Wellness Fair for the past 5+ years.  It'll be on Saturday, Feb. 25th, from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Mililani Town Center.  Would you please ask your units if they'd like to participate.  It could be a good source for recruitment since we'll be visible in the eyes of the Mililani community.  I could help man the display too.
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 6, 2006
          Frank, et al,

          I've started putting together a short presentation on Quality District for RT later this week. Addresses/emphasizes the "REQUIRED" 4 items (training, leadership, on-time recharter, and outdoor activities (except for ventures - they need Officers), and summarizes the overall total of items made up with the remaining "need to have 6 more" to make the total of 10.

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 7, 2006
            Barry:

            I will be chaperoning the St. Louis Band Retreat from Friday to Sunday.  Sorry, I forgot.

            Terry

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 7, 2006
              Hi Myrna,

              I was going to ask if you could help out with that one.  Liz had approached me and asked if we could do it and I said that since you had been doing it for the past several years, that I guessed it was a Membership Committee function.

              For the UC's, if you could see which units could help that would be great.  If we could have a some Boy Scouts and some Cub Scouts there, I think it would work out well.

              Thanks,
              Frank

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 7, 2006

                Yes, it's a membership function but the units usually came out to set up the displays and run games.  I remember pack 864 and troop 144 came out one year.  Another year I set up the displays and games with pack 364 helping to man the games.  Pack 464 did it when Sue Viernes coordinated it.  If none of the units come out, then I can help with the display and bring my beanbag toss game again.  Only thing is that I do not want to stay there the whole time, 9:00 am set up and 2:00 pm take down.  I wouldn't mind working a shift though.
              • Frank Godek
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 7, 2006
                  Thanks, Barry.  I think this is an important topic.  As of this point, we do not have anyone for the Venturing Report that we started off with last month.  I think that we can forego that this time around and put you in to talk about Quality Unit (I don't think that you mean Quality District).

                  Frank

                  I've started putting together a short presentation on Quality District for RT later this week.  Addresses/emphasizes the "REQUIRED" 4 items (training, leadership, on-time recharter, and outdoor activities (except for ventures - they need Officers), and summarizes the overall total of items made up with the remaining "need to have 6 more" to make the total of 10.

                  because they are misinterpreting the requirements.
                  > One unit thought they
                  had to have all 10 requirements in order to get the
                  > award and I'll bet
                  they are not alone.

                  > Would you be able to give a short blurb on
                  both aspects: i.e. don't forget to
                  > file it just because you did
                  Internet Recharter and just what exactly are the
                  > requirements at
                  Roundtable?

                  -----
                  January 31, 2006 9:53 PM
                  > >  Subject: Re:
                  [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] MONTHLY COMMISSIONER MEETING, 2/1/2006, 7:00 pm

                  > >  Will try to make it
                  Friday.

                  > >  Pack 167 and Troop 32 - done good on the
                  Quality Unit award.  ALL PAU.

                  > >  TK

                  Scouting,

                  > >    Barry

                  ©  2006  Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved.
                  > >            Privacy
                  Policy - Terms of Service

                  send an email to:

                  > >    c..  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
                  Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 7, 2006
                    Yeah - I meant Quality Unit - but that is directly LINKED to Quality District.    Been a LONG day judging District Science Fair.  Just got back from that, and now I'm prepping for tonight's meeting

                    barry

                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 7, 2006
                      This should be a topic for Dist Committee mtg and Commish meeting, plus promote it at RT.

                      Yes, it's a membership function but the units usually came out to set up the displays and run games.  I remember pack 864 and troop 144 came out one year.  Another year I set up the displays and games with pack 364 helping to man the games.  Pack 464 did it when Sue Viernes coordinated it.  If none of the units come out, then I can help with the display and bring my beanbag toss game again.  Only thing is that I do not want to stay there the whole time, 9:00 am set up and 2:00 pm take down.  I wouldn't mind working a shift though.
                    • Elizabeth Baldwin
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 7, 2006

                        I’ll have a flyer @ Roundtable for this.  Can each commissioner contact their units and ask them to consider having a booth?  I’d like to have three units.  Please let me know which units are going to agree to do this from your contacts.

                        Thanks!

                        Liz Baldwin

                        District Executive

                        ebaldwin@...