- Wow Myrna! You really do just keep going...and going...and going.....! I looked into the matter of Pack 326 s unit account at the Scout Shop. However, when myMessage 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005View SourceWow Myrna!You really do just keep going...and going...and going.....!I looked into the matter of Pack 326's unit account at the Scout Shop. However, when my laptop crashed, I lost most of the emails, including Mike Spencer's. Do you have it by chance? I wanted to let him know what I found out about the account, and see if he can track down receipt he has (there was no record of a $400 deposit).Thanks for all your service! It's amazing!Liz----- Original Message -----Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 4:43 PMSubject: [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] sorry, will be absent
Sorry, I'll be absent at tonight's unit commissioner's meeting...again. My club is doing a Christmas show at the Hale Koa Hotel on Sunday and I've been to only 1 rehearsal so far, mainly due to my responsibilities with school and Scouting. Anyway, here's my report:
Pack 144 Recharter completed online. Need to get signatures, adult registration forms and fees.
Have all parents signed up into a position.
They attended their first District event, Saturday's Cub-O-Ree.
First pack social will be a Christmas potluck on Monday, Dec. 12th.
They'll be signing up for Schofield Day.
Pack T-shirt is being made.
Pack flag is being retrieved from former Cubmaster, Kalani Wilmington.
Council account and bank account will be turned over to the new pack leaders by former committee
chair, Robert Baysa.
Pack 326 Recharter completed online. Need to get signatures, adult registration forms and fees.
Attended Mass together in uniform on Sunday, Nov. 19th.
Scouts participated in the service by bringing up the Bible, offeratory, wine, host.
Pack meeting was attended by Grand Knight, Mike Akana, and unit commissioner, Phil Hollingsworth.
Ten (10) of their Cub Scouts attended Cub-O-Ree.
Mike Akana joined the pack and brought bottled water for them.
Concern brought up by Joe Picon and Doreen Kinoshita about this unit bringing siblings to\
Cub-O-Ree. Will speak with the leaders about this so they'll understand the rules next time.
Christmas potluck scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 17th.
Will be signing up for Schofield Day.
Charter incomplete. Was to pick-up paperwork from Jayne Burns but when I got there Monday night before the troop meeting, no one was home. Will follow-up with Jayne this week.
Have gotten 2 more Scouts.
Zevan from Troop 176 transferred into Troop 144.
Jason from Seoul, Korea has joined also.
Hatcher (Pack 464) visited the troop on Monday.
Held BOR for Shaun Pearce on Monday night and he passed for his Life Rank.
Boys worked on their radio merit badge with AS Keith Gray. He took them to Schofield last week Monday to work on this.
Other boys worked on personal fitness and reading merit badges.
Boys planned their Christmas party. Can't remember the date though.
Any questions? You may call me at 271-9211. Will c-ya at next Thursday's Roundtable!
Please respond to Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com
Sent by: Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com
To: "Kaala_BSA_Commissioners \(E-mail\)" <Kaala_BSA_Commissioners@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Kaala_BSA_Commissioners] FW: Online Recharter Info -- Unit Commissioners and District Commissioners please share with your units
FYI to all Commissioners - you may want to pass this on to the units you serve.
From: Frank Godek [mailto:godek@...]
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:06
To: AlohaCouncil_OnlineRecharter@yahoogroups.com; Nupen, Barry D CIV (CPF N3); "'Barry Nupen \(nupen.ohana@...\)'"@...
Cc: 'Eric Thompson'
Subject: Online Recharter Info -- Unit Commissioners and District Commissioners please share with your units
Well we're well into the Online Recharter and this year is certainly more problem filled than last year. I don't think that the issues we are seeing are related to the users for the most part. It seems as if they have made changes to the system that have affected its stability. In any case, here is some info that you can pass along.
1. ScoutNet will be down from November 11th - November 13th. What this means is that if a unit has not started the Online Recharter process, they will not be able to
until the 14th. If they have already started, it will not (or at least should not) affect them.
2. ScoutNet is normally down for maintenance between 2 AM Sunday morning until 10 PM Sunday night (Hawaii time) every week.
3. A lot of people have been seeing the error message "Error processing data. Please try back later." A representative from Regional said that there were numerous
causes for this error message including: a blank Address 1 line, "Mac" as a first name, and an apostrophe ( ' ) in the Chartered Organization name. At last night's
Online Recharter workshop, we determined that you can easily get this message with no errors at all. The solution seems to be to press the "Back" button in your
web browser and try submitting again. You may have to do this several times but eventually it seems to take the data and move on. I am going to try and confirm
with National that doing this is okay. All I know at this point is that it worked.
4. Social Security Numbers are required for adults. If you don't have a number, you need to get one. Also, once you put in an SSN and finish adding the adult record,
you cannot edit it. You will have to delete the record and start over.
Turn out at last night's help session was not good. We had 3 people show up to do recharters. Two of them were able to complete the process. One person could not bring up her Troop info at all. We did figure out the trick of re-trying over and over again to get things through.
Finally, the next help session we have scheduled is at the Aloha Council Field Office on Saturday, November 12th from 9 AM to 1 PM.
Yours in Scouting,
Aloha Council Technology Committee Member
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
- Visit your group "Kaala_BSA_Commissioners" on the web.
- To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
- Visit your group "Kaala_BSA_Commissioners" on the web.