Re: [KYSBSUG] Vista Disk

  • Al Kemper
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2011
      Have you tried slipstreaming  SP1 into Vista?

      Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2011 3:37 PM
      Subject: RE: [KYSBSUG] Vista Disk

      Yes, I would normally do that. Of course, I wouldn’t sell a Dell to begin with!!

      From: mailto:KYSBSUG%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:mailto:KYSBSUG%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Lee Johnson
      .
      Does anyone in the Louisville area happen to have a copy of Windows Vista
      Home Premium Upgrade WITH Service Pack 1?
      I have a client that I sold a new PC to with XP Media Center Edition that
      included a free upgrade to Vista. I'm trying to go from XP to Vista to
      Windows 7 without doing a clean install. His upgrade disk does not include
      Service Pack 1. I have completed the upgrade to Vista, but it WILL NOT let
      the SP1 upgrade install

    • Lee Johnson
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2011

        Thanks Al. I had forgotten that slipstreaming even existed. Have never had the need to use it but it may be just the answer I’ve been looking for. Unless of course I could just find the original disk from MS with SP1 already installed!!

        Lee Johnson

        Have you tried slipstreaming  SP1 into Vista?

        Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2011 3:37 PM

        _______

        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2011

          Lee;

          I have a copy of Vista Home Premium 64Bit SP1 that came with Debbie’s Dell computer.  Would that be helpful?

          John B. Johnson

          Systems Consultant

          ControlDoc, Inc.

          Louisville, KY