Re: Introductions and directions

  • Kim Jordan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
      Catherine,

      The alto line in Ave Maria is actually an octave below what is written
      in the PDF, although it isn't annotated there. I have another copy of
      the piece where this is clear. The alto MIDI file is in the correct
      octave, though.

      Please don't strain your voice!! :)

      Cassandra

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Sayre"
      <sayrecatherine@h...> wrote:
      > Continuing to look at the music. I love to sing in Latin. On the Ave
      > Maria, the alto line seems rather high. (I think I strained something
      > trying to sing it this morning.) Could the alto and soprano lines be
      > switched?
      >
      > Catherine

    • Kim Jordan
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
        Hi Vitha!

        The choir web page is here:

        http://www.ravenstreet.org/kwchoir.htm

        There is a link to "Parts" where you can look up your part assignments
        for each piece; you're in there, so take a look!

        Cassandra

        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Kerri Martinsen <kerrimart@c...> wrote:
        > Greetings from Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (aka Vitha)
        > I hail from Lochmere and tried to do Choir last year but didn¹t make
        it to
        > practices, so here I try again! I usually sing Sop II, but I¹ll
        swing to
        > whatever I¹m told to do (Anne‹what part AM I singing???)
        >
        > I¹ll be camping with Lochmere and be looking for Babysitting during
        choir
        > practice (anybody else?)
        >
        > Tootles!
        >
        > Vitha
      • Anne of Carthew
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
          Gee....my brand new, energetic apprentice is being SO helpful tonight.
          Thanks Cassandra!

          A.

          There is a link to "Parts" where you can look up your part assignments
          for each piece; you're in there, so take a look!

          Cassandra

          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Kerri Martinsen <kerrimart@c...> wrote:
          > Greetings from Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (aka Vitha)
          > I hail from Lochmere and tried to do Choir last year but didn¹t make
          it to
          > practices, so here I try again! I usually sing Sop II, but I¹ll
          swing to
          > whatever I¹m told to do (Anne‹what part AM I singing???)
          >
          > I¹ll be camping with Lochmere and be looking for Babysitting during
          choir
          > practice (anybody else?)
          >
          > Tootles!
          >
          > Vitha

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Julia Kathan
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
            'allo
            Greetings, I currently sing with my local Barony choir and the Northshield Choir. I have been singing in various SCA groups for about the last 25 years. I was twice Queen of the Middle Kingdom but now I sing and cook and shop and keep track of my 2 teenage children. I camp with Duke Talymar and Mistress Melisande next to the Mid-Realm royal encampment. I am excited to be singing with the Known World Choir--music is my true delight.0
            Myfanwy
            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            click here
          • Catherine Sayre
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 21, 2004
              ok I knew that I was not womanly enough to sing that high part

              Catherine

              >From: "Kim Jordan" <kmj1@...>
              >To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [KWChoir] Re: Introductions and directions
              >Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:25:22 -0000
              >
              >Catherine,
              >
              >The alto line in Ave Maria is actually an octave below what is written
              >in the PDF, although it isn't annotated there. I have another copy of
              >the piece where this is clear. The alto MIDI file is in the correct
              >octave, though.
              >
              >Please don't strain your voice!! :)
              >
              >Cassandra
              >
              >--- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Sayre"
              ><sayrecatherine@h...> wrote:
              > > Continuing to look at the music. I love to sing in Latin. On the Ave
              > > Maria, the alto line seems rather high. (I think I strained something
              > > trying to sing it this morning.) Could the alto and soprano lines be
              > > switched?
              > >
              > > Catherine

            • Kerri Martinsen