Re: Introductions and directions

  • Kim Jordan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
      Catherine,

      The second line in Pasttime is the Alto/Tenor line. Be aware that the
      treble clef has that little subscript 8 in it, so the line is actually
      an octave down from what is written. I had a brief moment of panic
      before I noticed that myself. :)

      Cassandra
      Fellow Alto and newest apprentice to Mistress Anne (yesterday!!)

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "sayrecatherine" <sayrecatherine@h...>
      wrote:
      > I am Lady Catherine MacUrsus from the Barony of Blackstone Mountain
      > in the Kingdom of Aethelmarc. I was in the choir Mistress Anne's
      > first year directing and am excited about singing again. [Anyone who
      > can wear full late period in 90+ degree heat with 90+% huminity in a
      > Grimms tent is someone not to be triffled with. ;->]
      >
      > I have a question about the music for Pensic. I have been assigned
      > the A/T line in the Pasttime with Good Company. Music logic would
      > have this as the middle line of music. But this is a song written by
      > a man for I would suspect men to sing so could this be the top line
      > of music.
      >
      > Sorry for the stupid question.
      >
      > Catherin
    • Kim Jordan
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
        Catherine,

        The alto line in Ave Maria is actually an octave below what is written
        in the PDF, although it isn't annotated there. I have another copy of
        the piece where this is clear. The alto MIDI file is in the correct
        octave, though.

        Please don't strain your voice!! :)

        Cassandra

        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Sayre"
        <sayrecatherine@h...> wrote:
        > Continuing to look at the music. I love to sing in Latin. On the Ave
        > Maria, the alto line seems rather high. (I think I strained something
        > trying to sing it this morning.) Could the alto and soprano lines be
        > switched?
        >
        > Catherine

      • Kim Jordan
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
          Hi Vitha!

          The choir web page is here:

          http://www.ravenstreet.org/kwchoir.htm

          There is a link to "Parts" where you can look up your part assignments
          for each piece; you're in there, so take a look!

          Cassandra

          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Kerri Martinsen <kerrimart@c...> wrote:
          > Greetings from Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (aka Vitha)
          > I hail from Lochmere and tried to do Choir last year but didn¹t make
          it to
          > practices, so here I try again! I usually sing Sop II, but I¹ll
          swing to
          > whatever I¹m told to do (Anne‹what part AM I singing???)
          >
          > I¹ll be camping with Lochmere and be looking for Babysitting during
          choir
          > practice (anybody else?)
          >
          > Tootles!
          >
          > Vitha
        • Anne of Carthew
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
            Gee....my brand new, energetic apprentice is being SO helpful tonight.
            Thanks Cassandra!

            A.

            There is a link to "Parts" where you can look up your part assignments
            for each piece; you're in there, so take a look!

            Cassandra

            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Kerri Martinsen <kerrimart@c...> wrote:
            > Greetings from Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (aka Vitha)
            > I hail from Lochmere and tried to do Choir last year but didn¹t make
            it to
            > practices, so here I try again! I usually sing Sop II, but I¹ll
            swing to
            > whatever I¹m told to do (Anne‹what part AM I singing???)
            >
            > I¹ll be camping with Lochmere and be looking for Babysitting during
            choir
            > practice (anybody else?)
            >
            > Tootles!
            >
            > Vitha

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Julia Kathan
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
              'allo
              Greetings, I currently sing with my local Barony choir and the Northshield Choir. I have been singing in various SCA groups for about the last 25 years. I was twice Queen of the Middle Kingdom but now I sing and cook and shop and keep track of my 2 teenage children. I camp with Duke Talymar and Mistress Melisande next to the Mid-Realm royal encampment. I am excited to be singing with the Known World Choir--music is my true delight.0
              Myfanwy
              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              click here
            • Catherine Sayre
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 21, 2004
                ok I knew that I was not womanly enough to sing that high part

                Catherine

                >From: "Kim Jordan" <kmj1@...>
                >To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: [KWChoir] Re: Introductions and directions
                >Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:25:22 -0000
                >
                >Catherine,
                >
                >The alto line in Ave Maria is actually an octave below what is written
                >in the PDF, although it isn't annotated there. I have another copy of
                >the piece where this is clear. The alto MIDI file is in the correct
                >octave, though.
                >
                >Please don't strain your voice!! :)
                >
                >Cassandra
                >
                >--- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Sayre"
                ><sayrecatherine@h...> wrote:
                > > Continuing to look at the music. I love to sing in Latin. On the Ave
                > > Maria, the alto line seems rather high. (I think I strained something
                > > trying to sing it this morning.) Could the alto and soprano lines be
                > > switched?
                > >
                > > Catherine

              • Kerri Martinsen