Music

  • June
    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 1, 2008
      From previous posts - it appears we have a theme for this years
      Performance. Has a decision regarding the actual pieces be made as yet?

      June
    • Bethoc (Lesley)
      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 2, 2008

        Unsubscribe pls

        per saltire purpure and gules a sea-unicorn erect argent within a bordure Or and argent

        Gopher Pursuivant, Kingdom of Ealdormere
        Pursuivant, Canton of Vest Yorvik, the High Seat of Septentria
        what does {o'} mean? See Da'ud notation: http://www.sca.org.au/herald/commentary/Da'ud%20Notation.htm

        solis sacerdotibus. Ave atque vale.

        Ut sit magna, tamen certe lenta ira deorum est
        The wrath of the gods may be great, but it certainly is slow

      • Maria Daggett
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 3, 2008
          DONE

          1a. unsubscribe
          From: Bethoc (Lesley)

        • Erlandr Nordenskald
          Message 4 of 28 , May 29, 2011
            Hi everyone.
            OK, this is the initial list of music for the Pennsic 40 Choir. You should be able to go to the pennsicwar.org site and register by clicking the links on the page for the Choir. IF these are NOT working for you... then just send ME your registration.,
            Name, voice part preference and contact info.
            Also, if you send the date you expect to arrive at pennsic.

            We have been asked to sing Friday evening at the intermission at the performance of the Known World Players performance of Henry the VIII. This is a wonderful collaboration of the Known World Groups. I hope that everyone who is still here on Friday evening will come out and sing.

            We will also do the "teaser" performance in the Merchant area approx 8 PM on the wednesday evening before our concert. We'd like to have little hand flyers to hand out to people who need a reminder.

            The PDF files of music are in the files section.
            The Folder is called Pennsic 40.
            Master Robyn has graciously offered to provide some audio midi's of the musical parts. When he has completed this, he will upload those files. I of course, would like to say Thank you.. again to Master Robyn for the work he is doing for this year. After this is completed, he says that he will teach me how to do it myself.. and then Erlan will officially have moved INTO the 21st century!

            Erlan

            S S A T B Tanzen und Springen - Hans Leo Hassler (1564-1612) (German)
            http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/hass-tus.pdf

            S/A T B Agincourt Carol - Annon (old Englysh)
            http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/1/14/Anon-Agincourt.pdf

            S A B Sweete Kate (1609) - Robert Jones (1577 – 1617) (English)
            http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/d/df/Sweet_Kate.pdf

            S A T/B Ma fin est mon commencement - Guillaume de Mahaut d.1377 (french)
            http://maucamedus.net/PDF/ma-fin.pdf

            S A T B By the Waters of Babylon /
            Al naharot Bavel- Salomone Rossi (1570-1630)
            http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/f/fc/Ross-aln.pdf
          • Jennifer Friedman
            Message 5 of 28 , May 29, 2011
              Ah, but Erlan, this cannot be...where is the Josquin?

              Eliane

              Eliane Halevy, OL

              Message 6 of 28 , May 29, 2011
                I know it's really not like me.
                But fear not
                I have 2 more pieces in include... and one of them WILL be Josquin...
                I can't.. do a concert and NOT have the man...
                I was thinking of doing Scaramella...

                You'll see that this music choice is VERY different than my usual choices. I tried to choose music that was a bit easier but will be crowd pleasers... notice that there is the Machaut... so, 14th century are us.

                erlan
              • dalla.olafskona@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 28 , May 30, 2011
                  "You should be able to go to the pennsicwar.org site and register by clicking the links on the page for the Choir. IF these are NOT working for you... then just send ME your registration.,
                  > Name, voice part preference and contact info.
                  > Also, if you send the date you expect to arrive at pennsic."

                  Where is the page for the Choir you referenced? http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn40/AANDS/perfarts.html

                  Thanks,
                  Dalla
                • Erlandr Nordenskald
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jun 2, 2011
                    OK.. the links for the Pennsicwar.org site are not up yet... I have let the webmistress know...
                    for now, you can just continue to send your registrations to me..

                    Your name, a contact e mail or phone for you..
                    your prefered voice part and the date you will arrive at war...
                    (so I don't go nuts if you're not there for the first few rehearsals)

                    Thanks

                    Erlan
                  • Margrett Norwoode
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jun 2, 2011
                      Real name: Kerri-Ellen Kelly
                      SCA name: Lady Margrett Norwoode
                      Email: mistressmargrett@...
                      Vocal part: Soprano
                      Date I will arrive: Aug 3 afternoon or early evening

                      Message 10 of 28 , Jun 2, 2011
                        Sorry--meant to send that to Erlan directly.

                        Margrett

                        Message 11 of 28 , Jun 3, 2011
                          Hi Erlan

                          I will again be in the KWC

                          Mairghreicc Ruadh inghen ui Faolain (aka June)
                          Soprano
                          72 Camp Swatara Road, PO Box 466
                          Myerstown, Pa. 17067

                          East Kingdom, Shire of Silver Rylle

                          Arriving before land grab

                          See you soon

                          Mairghreicc

                          Message 12 of 28 , Jun 29, 2011
                            Are these 5 the only ones?
                            (Granted, the one in Hebrew looks like a brain-ful... )

                            miriel

                            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Erlandr Nordenskald" <erlannordenskald@...> wrote:

                            > Hi everyone.
                            > OK, this is the initial list of music for the Pennsic 40 Choir.

                            > S S A T B Tanzen und Springen - Hans Leo Hassler (1564-1612) (German)
                            > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/hass-tus.pdf
                            >
                            > S/A T B Agincourt Carol - Annon (old Englysh)
                            > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/1/14/Anon-Agincourt.pdf
                            >
                            > S A B Sweete Kate (1609) - Robert Jones (1577 – 1617) (English)
                            > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/d/df/Sweet_Kate.pdf
                            >
                            > S A T/B Ma fin est mon commencement - Guillaume de Mahaut d.1377 (french)
                            > http://maucamedus.net/PDF/ma-fin.pdf
                            >
                            > S A T B By the Waters of Babylon /
                            > Al naharot Bavel- Salomone Rossi (1570-1630)
                            > http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/f/fc/Ross-aln.pdf

                          • Julia Kathan
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                              Um-am I the only one who cannot print By the Waters of Babylon? I can see it on my screen but it prints blank pages.
                              Help!
                              Fancy

                              Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:43 PM

                              href="http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/hass-tus.pdf">http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/hass-tus.pdf

                              href="http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/1/14/Anon-Agincourt.pdf">http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/1/14/Anon-Agincourt.pdf

                              href="http://maucamedus.net/PDF/ma-fin.pdf">http://maucamedus.net/PDF/ma-fin.pdf

                              > S A T B By the Waters of Babylon /
                              > Al naharot Bavel- Salomone
                              Rossi (1570-1630)

                              href="http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/f/fc/Ross-aln.pdf">http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/f/fc/Ross-aln.pdf

                              No virus found in this message.

                            • dross92
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jul 3, 2011
                                Hope it's going better for you today.
                                It printed out OK for me today (5 pages) and I am using old technology - an HP C4480 and Vista.

                                --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Julia Kathan" <fancy@...> wrote:

                                > Um-am I the only one who cannot print By the Waters of Babylon? I can see it on my screen but it prints blank pages.
                                > Help!
                                > Fancy

                              • misbrisby
                                Message 15 of 28 , Apr 23 7:26 AM
                                  Is there music available either to print out or listen to, to start preparing? Or do we have a rough estimate as to when it might become available?

                                  Thank you,
                                  Marcia
                                • misbrisby
                                  Message 16 of 28 , May 22, 2012
                                    I was wondering if there was music posted yet for Pennsic. I did not see anything to print or practice before hand. Please let us know where we can go to print the music.

                                    Thank you,
                                    Marcia
                                  • dalla.olafskona@gmail.com
                                    Message 17 of 28 , May 31, 2012
                                      Agreed. I have less natural musical talent than many in the choir, and therefore need proportionally more practice time in advance.... I'll even take midi files. ;)

                                      - Dalla

                                      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, misbrisby <misbrisby@...> wrote:

                                      > I was wondering if there was music posted yet for Pennsic. I did not see anything to print or practice before hand. Please let us know where we can go to print the music.
                                      > Thank you,
                                      > Marcia
                                    • Krege, Barbara B
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jun 1, 2012

                                        I'll need MP3 files please.  Barbara

                                      • dalla.olafskona@gmail.com
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jun 2, 2012
                                          While MP3s would be great, I haven't even seen a list of the music we're performing. Have I missed it?
                                          - Dalla

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jun 2, 2012
                                            I know I'm still pondering the piece I'm supposed to pick/conduct. Too many choices out there! I hope to pick it in the next week or so. Whatever I pick will have MIDI files, PDF sheet music, etc. so people can practice up before Pennsic.

                                            Robin, would you update us on where you are with the rest of the concert?

                                            Eliane

                                            Eliane Halevy, OL

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jun 4, 2012
                                              Hi folks. Sorry for the long silence - I just surfaced from a heavily overbooked Spring. But now all attention turns towards Pennsic!!

                                              The rehearsal and concert schedule was locked down a while ago and published in this forum.

                                              Watch for the registration link to go live as soon as I can get the Pennsic web people the correct information.

                                              And I'll start putting music up ASAP - including sheet music, midi files, and MP3s as soon as I can get those done.

                                              Thanks for your patience and let's make this another GREAT Pennsic Choir year,

                                              Robyn