RE: [KWChoir] Introductions and directions

  • Catherine Sayre
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 19, 2004
      Continuing to look at the music. I love to sing in Latin. On the Ave
      Maria, the alto line seems rather high. (I think I strained something
      trying to sing it this morning.) Could the alto and soprano lines be
      switched?

      Catherine

      >I am Lady Catherine MacUrsus from the Barony of Blackstone Mountain
      >in the Kingdom of Aethelmarc. I was in the choir Mistress Anne's
      >first year directing and am excited about singing again. [Anyone who
      >can wear full late period in 90+ degree heat with 90+% huminity in a
      >Grimms tent is someone not to be triffled with. ;->]
      >
      >I have a question about the music for Pensic. I have been assigned
      >the A/T line in the Pasttime with Good Company. Music logic would
      >have this as the middle line of music. But this is a song written by
      >a man for I would suspect men to sing so could this be the top line
      >of music.
      >
      >Sorry for the stupid question.
      >
      >Catherin

    • Kim Jordan
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
        Catherine,

        The second line in Pasttime is the Alto/Tenor line. Be aware that the
        treble clef has that little subscript 8 in it, so the line is actually
        an octave down from what is written. I had a brief moment of panic
        before I noticed that myself. :)

        Cassandra
        Fellow Alto and newest apprentice to Mistress Anne (yesterday!!)

        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "sayrecatherine" <sayrecatherine@h...>
        wrote:
        > I am Lady Catherine MacUrsus from the Barony of Blackstone Mountain
        > in the Kingdom of Aethelmarc. I was in the choir Mistress Anne's
        > first year directing and am excited about singing again. [Anyone who
        > can wear full late period in 90+ degree heat with 90+% huminity in a
        > Grimms tent is someone not to be triffled with. ;->]
        >
        > I have a question about the music for Pensic. I have been assigned
        > the A/T line in the Pasttime with Good Company. Music logic would
        > have this as the middle line of music. But this is a song written by
        > a man for I would suspect men to sing so could this be the top line
        > of music.
        >
        > Sorry for the stupid question.
        >
        > Catherin
      • Kim Jordan
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
          Catherine,

          The alto line in Ave Maria is actually an octave below what is written
          in the PDF, although it isn't annotated there. I have another copy of
          the piece where this is clear. The alto MIDI file is in the correct
          octave, though.

          Please don't strain your voice!! :)

          Cassandra

          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Sayre"
          <sayrecatherine@h...> wrote:
          > Continuing to look at the music. I love to sing in Latin. On the Ave
          > Maria, the alto line seems rather high. (I think I strained something
          > trying to sing it this morning.) Could the alto and soprano lines be
          > switched?
          >
          > Catherine

        • Kim Jordan
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
            Hi Vitha!

            The choir web page is here:

            http://www.ravenstreet.org/kwchoir.htm

            There is a link to "Parts" where you can look up your part assignments
            for each piece; you're in there, so take a look!

            Cassandra

            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Kerri Martinsen <kerrimart@c...> wrote:
            > Greetings from Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (aka Vitha)
            > I hail from Lochmere and tried to do Choir last year but didn¹t make
            it to
            > practices, so here I try again! I usually sing Sop II, but I¹ll
            swing to
            > whatever I¹m told to do (Anne‹what part AM I singing???)
            >
            > I¹ll be camping with Lochmere and be looking for Babysitting during
            choir
            > practice (anybody else?)
            >
            > Tootles!
            >
            > Vitha
          • Anne of Carthew
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
              Gee....my brand new, energetic apprentice is being SO helpful tonight.
              Thanks Cassandra!

              A.

              There is a link to "Parts" where you can look up your part assignments
              for each piece; you're in there, so take a look!

              Cassandra

              --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Kerri Martinsen <kerrimart@c...> wrote:
              > Greetings from Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (aka Vitha)
              > I hail from Lochmere and tried to do Choir last year but didn¹t make
              it to
              > practices, so here I try again! I usually sing Sop II, but I¹ll
              swing to
              > whatever I¹m told to do (Anne‹what part AM I singing???)
              >
              > I¹ll be camping with Lochmere and be looking for Babysitting during
              choir
              > practice (anybody else?)
              >
              > Tootles!
              >
              > Vitha

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Julia Kathan
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
                'allo
                Greetings, I currently sing with my local Barony choir and the Northshield Choir. I have been singing in various SCA groups for about the last 25 years. I was twice Queen of the Middle Kingdom but now I sing and cook and shop and keep track of my 2 teenage children. I camp with Duke Talymar and Mistress Melisande next to the Mid-Realm royal encampment. I am excited to be singing with the Known World Choir--music is my true delight.0
                Myfanwy
                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                click here
              • Catherine Sayre
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 21, 2004
                  ok I knew that I was not womanly enough to sing that high part

                  Catherine

                  >From: "Kim Jordan" <kmj1@...>
                  >To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [KWChoir] Re: Introductions and directions
                  >Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:25:22 -0000
                  >
                  >Catherine,
                  >
                  >The alto line in Ave Maria is actually an octave below what is written
                  >in the PDF, although it isn't annotated there. I have another copy of
                  >the piece where this is clear. The alto MIDI file is in the correct
                  >octave, though.
                  >
                  >Please don't strain your voice!! :)
                  >
                  >Cassandra
                  >
                  >--- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Sayre"
                  ><sayrecatherine@h...> wrote:
                  > > Continuing to look at the music. I love to sing in Latin. On the Ave
                  > > Maria, the alto line seems rather high. (I think I strained something
                  > > trying to sing it this morning.) Could the alto and soprano lines be
                  > > switched?
                  > >
                  > > Catherine

                • Kerri Martinsen