'allo

  • Kerri Martinsen
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 18, 2004
      'allo Greetings from Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (aka Vitha)
      I hail from Lochmere and tried to do Choir last year but didn’t make it to practices, so here I try again!  I usually sing Sop II, but I’ll swing to whatever I’m told to do (Anne—what part AM I singing???)

      I’ll be camping with Lochmere and be looking for Babysitting during choir practice (anybody else?)

      Tootles!

      Vitha
    • Catherine Sayre
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 19, 2004
        Continuing to look at the music. I love to sing in Latin. On the Ave
        Maria, the alto line seems rather high. (I think I strained something
        trying to sing it this morning.) Could the alto and soprano lines be
        switched?

        Catherine

        >I am Lady Catherine MacUrsus from the Barony of Blackstone Mountain
        >in the Kingdom of Aethelmarc. I was in the choir Mistress Anne's
        >first year directing and am excited about singing again. [Anyone who
        >can wear full late period in 90+ degree heat with 90+% huminity in a
        >Grimms tent is someone not to be triffled with. ;->]
        >
        >I have a question about the music for Pensic. I have been assigned
        >the A/T line in the Pasttime with Good Company. Music logic would
        >have this as the middle line of music. But this is a song written by
        >a man for I would suspect men to sing so could this be the top line
        >of music.
        >
        >Sorry for the stupid question.
        >
        >Catherin

      • Kim Jordan
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
          Catherine,

          The second line in Pasttime is the Alto/Tenor line. Be aware that the
          treble clef has that little subscript 8 in it, so the line is actually
          an octave down from what is written. I had a brief moment of panic
          before I noticed that myself. :)

          Cassandra
          Fellow Alto and newest apprentice to Mistress Anne (yesterday!!)

          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "sayrecatherine" <sayrecatherine@h...>
          wrote:
          > I am Lady Catherine MacUrsus from the Barony of Blackstone Mountain
          > in the Kingdom of Aethelmarc. I was in the choir Mistress Anne's
          > first year directing and am excited about singing again. [Anyone who
          > can wear full late period in 90+ degree heat with 90+% huminity in a
          > Grimms tent is someone not to be triffled with. ;->]
          >
          > I have a question about the music for Pensic. I have been assigned
          > the A/T line in the Pasttime with Good Company. Music logic would
          > have this as the middle line of music. But this is a song written by
          > a man for I would suspect men to sing so could this be the top line
          > of music.
          >
          > Sorry for the stupid question.
          >
          > Catherin
        • Kim Jordan
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
            Catherine,

            The alto line in Ave Maria is actually an octave below what is written
            in the PDF, although it isn't annotated there. I have another copy of
            the piece where this is clear. The alto MIDI file is in the correct
            octave, though.

            Please don't strain your voice!! :)

            Cassandra

            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Sayre"
            <sayrecatherine@h...> wrote:
            > Continuing to look at the music. I love to sing in Latin. On the Ave
            > Maria, the alto line seems rather high. (I think I strained something
            > trying to sing it this morning.) Could the alto and soprano lines be
            > switched?
            >
            > Catherine

          • Kim Jordan
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
              Hi Vitha!

              The choir web page is here:

              http://www.ravenstreet.org/kwchoir.htm

              There is a link to "Parts" where you can look up your part assignments
              for each piece; you're in there, so take a look!

              Cassandra

              --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Kerri Martinsen <kerrimart@c...> wrote:
              > Greetings from Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (aka Vitha)
              > I hail from Lochmere and tried to do Choir last year but didn¹t make
              it to
              > practices, so here I try again! I usually sing Sop II, but I¹ll
              swing to
              > whatever I¹m told to do (Anne‹what part AM I singing???)
              >
              > I¹ll be camping with Lochmere and be looking for Babysitting during
              choir
              > practice (anybody else?)
              >
              > Tootles!
              >
              > Vitha
            • Anne of Carthew
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
                Gee....my brand new, energetic apprentice is being SO helpful tonight.
                Thanks Cassandra!

                A.

                There is a link to "Parts" where you can look up your part assignments
                for each piece; you're in there, so take a look!

                Cassandra

                --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Kerri Martinsen <kerrimart@c...> wrote:
                > Greetings from Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (aka Vitha)
                > I hail from Lochmere and tried to do Choir last year but didn¹t make
                it to
                > practices, so here I try again! I usually sing Sop II, but I¹ll
                swing to
                > whatever I¹m told to do (Anne‹what part AM I singing???)
                >
                > I¹ll be camping with Lochmere and be looking for Babysitting during
                choir
                > practice (anybody else?)
                >
                > Tootles!
                >
                > Vitha

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Julia Kathan
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
                  'allo
                  Greetings, I currently sing with my local Barony choir and the Northshield Choir. I have been singing in various SCA groups for about the last 25 years. I was twice Queen of the Middle Kingdom but now I sing and cook and shop and keep track of my 2 teenage children. I camp with Duke Talymar and Mistress Melisande next to the Mid-Realm royal encampment. I am excited to be singing with the Known World Choir--music is my true delight.0
                  Myfanwy
                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                  click here
                • Catherine Sayre
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 21, 2004
                    ok I knew that I was not womanly enough to sing that high part

                    Catherine

                    >From: "Kim Jordan" <kmj1@...>
                    >To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: [KWChoir] Re: Introductions and directions
                    >Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:25:22 -0000
                    >
                    >Catherine,
                    >
                    >The alto line in Ave Maria is actually an octave below what is written
                    >in the PDF, although it isn't annotated there. I have another copy of
                    >the piece where this is clear. The alto MIDI file is in the correct
                    >octave, though.
                    >
                    >Please don't strain your voice!! :)
                    >
                    >Cassandra
                    >
                    >--- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Sayre"
                    ><sayrecatherine@h...> wrote:
                    > > Continuing to look at the music. I love to sing in Latin. On the Ave
                    > > Maria, the alto line seems rather high. (I think I strained something
                    > > trying to sing it this morning.) Could the alto and soprano lines be
                    > > switched?
                    > >
                    > > Catherine

                  • Kerri Martinsen