Re: music

  • Maria Daggett
    Message 1 of 5 , May 21 6:14 AM
      Hey

      Can we  1) stop making CD digs at Erlan.  she's already put both heads between her knees and slapped her ass at how many times she's said "yeah, the last batch is going out on..."
       But in reality, I mailed out about 400 already and am down to the last batch really this week. No really.
      So, let's stop beating her up... she's done enough for 2 lifetimes.

      Pennsic music..... The responses I received off list as comments and all, were for the Christmas in August program, so I will do that.  BUT I am altering it slightly by including a few numbers of Rossi just because I really want too and there are some awesome 3 part ladies pieces.
      SO, I will actually give those out to folks prior to arriving at Pennsic, 2 on a part  and / or  1 on a part and that will be included as "holiday" style music.

      So...

      Most of you know that I am a more traditional type of music person, I like to use music that is as close to original as possible which is why I only ever did mail order music.  I'd put the music together in a bundle and use that.  Most of the time making copies from a facsmilie of an Opera Omnia from the Music Library.   BUT... I will move into the digital age for a bit here and make some music availble online in that awful but popular digital form.

      I need to figure out how to.... 1) scan the pages so that they all scan into one document and when you down load it.. it is page after page.
      Right now, I can only scan one page at a time and save it as a picture file.

      So... if someone who is compitant in these matters wants to e mail me or I'll call them and let me know how I can do this from my home like in that adobe thing where you can have muliple pages... then your music will be online in a file sooner.
      As for MIDI parts... I've got to work on that one.....  :)
      any help there would work as well.

      This is NOT a world that I live in.................

      That being said, the music list of tunes will go onto the Pennsic Site this week, and I will be including the
      3 spanish carols.... ( El e Don.. Riu Riu Chiu... etc)
      O Magnum Mysterium by Victoria
      and of course  a few others.

      Erlan

      PS... I am going through some really awful SCA stuff right now.  My Shire is splitting up and forcing the county I live in... to either become Crown Lands... or form their own shire (with 7 people) so we're trying to figure out what to do.  My Shire which is HUGE is splitting at the State line... the group I've been a member of for 20 years won't be my group any more and they will become  Barony.... the other part of our shire in the NY part are moving towards another group and we've been left to hang out and dry... so I'm kinda pre-occupied with learning to be homeless after many years... LOL    So sorry I'm so brief sometimes in the posts.

      Can't wait to see folks at war.

    • mary-flo@sympatico.ca
      Message 2 of 5 , May 21 7:17 AM

        HERE! HERE!  Thank you for the suggestion to lay off Erlan!  What an undertaking!!

        If ships float
        and airplanes fly,
        you and I know more
        than we are willing
        to admit.

        Love life, live gratefully,

        Blessings and hugs,

        Mary-florence

        www.mary-flo.com

        Message 3 of 5 , May 21 7:52 AM
          Is it really that unreasonable for you to (1) check the orders you have received and been paid for, (2) let the people being sent their orders know that they are on the way (after you have actually sent them) either in a single posting to the list or single email to multiple parties and (3) let anyone who is not getting their order sent yet know when they can expect them?

          HEL

          Message 4 of 5 , May 21 8:53 AM

            I second this question. It is one thing for folks to have to wait a very long time to receive the CD's they paid for, something else to not even acknowledge receipt of payments and keep individuals informed on progress with their order. Erlan, please do as HEL asks.

            Jane

            Message 5 of 5 , May 21 9:10 PM
              First, on music uploads: you can either upload pages separately or
              together, as long as you give the files different names. I'm all
              thumbs, but luckily my family gives me help on computer problems.

              Second, locally, people choose the group in which they play, no matter
              where they live. But some people choose to build up a local group. I
              hope things settle down. Locally, people also participate in events in
              other Baronies and even other kingdoms, but lately the high gas prices
              have made it more difficult for many people to travel to events that are
              farther away. I hope that doesn't affect Pennsic too too much.

              I am so looking forward to singing at Pennsic. (I have my fingers
              crossed that nothing will hold me back from attending this year.) I
              wish I had ordered some CDs, but I wouldn't bother you about that at
              this point, because I forgot to order them this year.
              Elizabeth