Introductions and directions

  • sayrecatherine
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 18, 2004
      I am Lady Catherine MacUrsus from the Barony of Blackstone Mountain
      in the Kingdom of Aethelmarc. I was in the choir Mistress Anne's
      first year directing and am excited about singing again. [Anyone who
      can wear full late period in 90+ degree heat with 90+% huminity in a
      Grimms tent is someone not to be triffled with. ;->]

      I have a question about the music for Pensic. I have been assigned
      the A/T line in the Pasttime with Good Company. Music logic would
      have this as the middle line of music. But this is a song written by
      a man for I would suspect men to sing so could this be the top line
      of music.

      Sorry for the stupid question.

      Catherin
    • Kerri Martinsen
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 18, 2004
        'allo Greetings from Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (aka Vitha)
        I hail from Lochmere and tried to do Choir last year but didn’t make it to practices, so here I try again!  I usually sing Sop II, but I’ll swing to whatever I’m told to do (Anne—what part AM I singing???)

        I’ll be camping with Lochmere and be looking for Babysitting during choir practice (anybody else?)

        Tootles!

        Vitha
      • Catherine Sayre
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 19, 2004
          Continuing to look at the music. I love to sing in Latin. On the Ave
          Maria, the alto line seems rather high. (I think I strained something
          trying to sing it this morning.) Could the alto and soprano lines be
          switched?

          Catherine

          >I am Lady Catherine MacUrsus from the Barony of Blackstone Mountain
          >in the Kingdom of Aethelmarc. I was in the choir Mistress Anne's
          >first year directing and am excited about singing again. [Anyone who
          >can wear full late period in 90+ degree heat with 90+% huminity in a
          >Grimms tent is someone not to be triffled with. ;->]
          >
          >I have a question about the music for Pensic. I have been assigned
          >the A/T line in the Pasttime with Good Company. Music logic would
          >have this as the middle line of music. But this is a song written by
          >a man for I would suspect men to sing so could this be the top line
          >of music.
          >
          >Sorry for the stupid question.
          >
          >Catherin

        • Kim Jordan
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
            Catherine,

            The second line in Pasttime is the Alto/Tenor line. Be aware that the
            treble clef has that little subscript 8 in it, so the line is actually
            an octave down from what is written. I had a brief moment of panic
            before I noticed that myself. :)

            Cassandra
            Fellow Alto and newest apprentice to Mistress Anne (yesterday!!)

            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "sayrecatherine" <sayrecatherine@h...>
            wrote:
            > I am Lady Catherine MacUrsus from the Barony of Blackstone Mountain
            > in the Kingdom of Aethelmarc. I was in the choir Mistress Anne's
            > first year directing and am excited about singing again. [Anyone who
            > can wear full late period in 90+ degree heat with 90+% huminity in a
            > Grimms tent is someone not to be triffled with. ;->]
            >
            > I have a question about the music for Pensic. I have been assigned
            > the A/T line in the Pasttime with Good Company. Music logic would
            > have this as the middle line of music. But this is a song written by
            > a man for I would suspect men to sing so could this be the top line
            > of music.
            >
            > Sorry for the stupid question.
            >
            > Catherin
          • Kim Jordan
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
              Catherine,

              The alto line in Ave Maria is actually an octave below what is written
              in the PDF, although it isn't annotated there. I have another copy of
              the piece where this is clear. The alto MIDI file is in the correct
              octave, though.

              Please don't strain your voice!! :)

              Cassandra

              --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Sayre"
              <sayrecatherine@h...> wrote:
              > Continuing to look at the music. I love to sing in Latin. On the Ave
              > Maria, the alto line seems rather high. (I think I strained something
              > trying to sing it this morning.) Could the alto and soprano lines be
              > switched?
              >
              > Catherine

            • Kim Jordan
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
                Hi Vitha!

                The choir web page is here:

                http://www.ravenstreet.org/kwchoir.htm

                There is a link to "Parts" where you can look up your part assignments
                for each piece; you're in there, so take a look!

                Cassandra

                --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Kerri Martinsen <kerrimart@c...> wrote:
                > Greetings from Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (aka Vitha)
                > I hail from Lochmere and tried to do Choir last year but didn¹t make
                it to
                > practices, so here I try again! I usually sing Sop II, but I¹ll
                swing to
                > whatever I¹m told to do (Anne‹what part AM I singing???)
                >
                > I¹ll be camping with Lochmere and be looking for Babysitting during
                choir
                > practice (anybody else?)
                >
                > Tootles!
                >
                > Vitha
              • Anne of Carthew
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
                  Gee....my brand new, energetic apprentice is being SO helpful tonight.
                  Thanks Cassandra!

                  A.

                  There is a link to "Parts" where you can look up your part assignments
                  for each piece; you're in there, so take a look!

                  Cassandra

                  --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Kerri Martinsen <kerrimart@c...> wrote:
                  > Greetings from Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (aka Vitha)
                  > I hail from Lochmere and tried to do Choir last year but didn¹t make
                  it to
                  > practices, so here I try again! I usually sing Sop II, but I¹ll
                  swing to
                  > whatever I¹m told to do (Anne‹what part AM I singing???)
                  >
                  > I¹ll be camping with Lochmere and be looking for Babysitting during
                  choir
                  > practice (anybody else?)
                  >
                  > Tootles!
                  >
                  > Vitha

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Julia Kathan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 20, 2004
                    'allo
                    Greetings, I currently sing with my local Barony choir and the Northshield Choir. I have been singing in various SCA groups for about the last 25 years. I was twice Queen of the Middle Kingdom but now I sing and cook and shop and keep track of my 2 teenage children. I camp with Duke Talymar and Mistress Melisande next to the Mid-Realm royal encampment. I am excited to be singing with the Known World Choir--music is my true delight.0
                    Myfanwy
                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                    click here
                  • Catherine Sayre
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 21, 2004
                      ok I knew that I was not womanly enough to sing that high part

                      Catherine

                      >From: "Kim Jordan" <kmj1@...>
                      >To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: [KWChoir] Re: Introductions and directions
                      >Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:25:22 -0000
                      >
                      >Catherine,
                      >
                      >The alto line in Ave Maria is actually an octave below what is written
                      >in the PDF, although it isn't annotated there. I have another copy of
                      >the piece where this is clear. The alto MIDI file is in the correct
                      >octave, though.
                      >
                      >Please don't strain your voice!! :)
                      >
                      >Cassandra
                      >
                      >--- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Sayre"
                      ><sayrecatherine@h...> wrote:
                      > > Continuing to look at the music. I love to sing in Latin. On the Ave
                      > > Maria, the alto line seems rather high. (I think I strained something
                      > > trying to sing it this morning.) Could the alto and soprano lines be
                      > > switched?
                      > >
                      > > Catherine

                    • Kerri Martinsen