Re: Pennsic Music

  • starblazingqueen
    Message 1 of 11 , May 18 10:04 AM
      Judging from what others have said, I am also inclined to favor the
      Christmas in August program. The diversity of music and composers
      does make for a more interesting concert, and then we may have some
      more flexibility in the ability of people to sing different parts and
      experience a wider range of music.

      But, nothing's to say we can't feature a song or two. (But then again,
      I am the have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too type!)

      Alyce Attwood, Shire of Hartshorn-Dale
    • Susan Stoltze
      Message 2 of 11 , May 18 8:32 PM
        OK, usually I'm lurking, but for what it's worth, I'm not a fan of Christmas music unless it's between Thanksgiving and Christmas Day on the caledar.

        Can't wait to find out what you have in store for us.

        - Susanna

        starblazingqueen <starblazingqueen@...> wrote:
        Judging from what others have said, I am also inclined to favor the
        Christmas in August program. The diversity of music and composers
        does make for a more interesting concert, and then we may have some
        more flexibility in the ability of people to sing different parts and
        experience a wider range of music.

        But, nothing's to say we can't feature a song or two. (But then again,
        I am the have-your-cake- and-eat-it- too type!)

        Alyce Attwood, Shire of Hartshorn-Dale

      • mary-florence
        Message 3 of 11 , May 19 9:00 AM
          Greetings one and all!
          This year will be my first Pennsic and I have been deliberating with
          myself about whether or not to join the choir. Well, the scales are
          weighing more heavily on the 'Yay' side than the 'Nay'. I became
          really tweaked when the thought of Christmas music was presented. It
          occured to me that if humour is allowed, I do a spoof on the '12 Days
          After Christmas' for which I don the horned Viking hat with the
          pigtails, as well as the pointy boustierre (sp?). I throw that out fcr
          your consideration.
          Marihannah LeMoyne of Butterfield
          Canton of Caer Draeth
          Barony of Septentria