RE: [KWChoir] Greetings

  • melissa mazur
    Message 1 of 13 , May 4, 2008
      Greetings fellow KW Choir members,

      My name is Denw verch Rhys and I too am looking forward to Pennsic this year. I recently moved and now I am situated 1 hour from our campsite at Cooper's. I have sung in at least 4 KW Choirs at Pennsic and have enjoyed every minute. Hope to see all of you there this year.

      Yours in music,

      Denw

      To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
      From: gwenfain@...
      Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 18:32:31 +0000
      Subject: [KWChoir] Greetings

      Well i was pondering if i should just lurk for a bit or hop right in. I
      decided to hop in ()8) My name is Gwenfain Verch Gorwan from Santa
      Monica, CA (Kingdom of Caid) I sing either soprano or alto and am
      trying really really hard to get Pensics this year. I look forward to
      seeing the music for this year at least so I can learn some new songs.
      I am currently working in my family business and in my spare time am
      writing a novel.
      Well that is all there is about me. Just wanted to introduce myself and
      hope to meet some of y'all at Pennsic this year ()8)

      With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.
    • June
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 18 8:35 PM
        I have but 2 requests

        1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
        compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

        2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
        theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
        music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
        of today (hooks people)

        Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

        Mairghreicc
        aka "Meitheamh"
        aka "June"
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 18 8:57 PM
          Lady Erlan can probably help you with the CD.

          For the Dickens Christmas, are you interested in music from Dickens' time period, or the SCA's time period? There's a lot of stuff suitable for DIckens that's OOP for us...

          For the SCA, all of the holiday music Erlan did this past Pennsic is in period, plus my choir also likes the following:

          Noel Nouvelet (French carol)
          O Come, O Come Emmanuel (though it sounds better in Latin)
          Personent Hodie
          In Dulci Jubilo
          Coventry Carol
          Beata Progenies
          The Holly and the Ivy
          Nowell Sing We Both Alle and Som
          Gloucestorshire Wassail
          Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming (better in German)

          Arianna of Wynthrope

          1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
          compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

          2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
          theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
          music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
          of today (hooks people)

          Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

          Mairghreicc
          aka "Meitheamh"
          aka "June"

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • June Whalen
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 18 9:09 PM

            Thank you for the quick response!

            I am hoping for nice and easy pieces - in time period (although the modern are more known)

            Our Shire is many things - Arts and Sciences Heavy being the most notable - however a choir we are not - many of us sing (and I am in KWC).

            A few you mention I am aware of - the others not.

            I wil look into them

            Thank You

            Mairghreicc

            1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
            compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

            2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
            theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
            music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
            of today (hooks people)

            Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

            Mairghreicc
            aka "Meitheamh"
            aka "June"

            Do You Yahoo!?