Greetings

  • Gwenfain Verch Gorwan
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2008
      Well i was pondering if i should just lurk for a bit or hop right in. I
      decided to hop in ()8) My name is Gwenfain Verch Gorwan from Santa
      Monica, CA (Kingdom of Caid) I sing either soprano or alto and am
      trying really really hard to get Pensics this year. I look forward to
      seeing the music for this year at least so I can learn some new songs.
      I am currently working in my family business and in my spare time am
      writing a novel.
      Well that is all there is about me. Just wanted to introduce myself and
      hope to meet some of y'all at Pennsic this year ()8)
    • mary-flo@sympatico.ca
      Message 2 of 13 , May 3, 2008

        This'll be my first Pennsic too!  Can't wait!!

        Life is short!
        Forgive quickly!
        Love truly,
        Laugh uncontrollably
        .

        Love life, live gratefully,

        Blessings and hugs,

        Mary-florence

        www.mary-flo.com

        Message 3 of 13 , May 4, 2008
          Greetings fellow KW Choir members,

          My name is Denw verch Rhys and I too am looking forward to Pennsic this year. I recently moved and now I am situated 1 hour from our campsite at Cooper's. I have sung in at least 4 KW Choirs at Pennsic and have enjoyed every minute. Hope to see all of you there this year.

          Yours in music,

          Denw

          To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
          From: gwenfain@...
          Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 18:32:31 +0000

          Well i was pondering if i should just lurk for a bit or hop right in. I
          decided to hop in ()8) My name is Gwenfain Verch Gorwan from Santa
          Monica, CA (Kingdom of Caid) I sing either soprano or alto and am
          trying really really hard to get Pensics this year. I look forward to
          seeing the music for this year at least so I can learn some new songs.
          I am currently working in my family business and in my spare time am
          writing a novel.
          Well that is all there is about me. Just wanted to introduce myself and
          hope to meet some of y'all at Pennsic this year ()8)

          With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.
        • June
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 18, 2008
            I have but 2 requests

            1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
            compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

            2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
            theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
            music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
            of today (hooks people)

            Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

            Mairghreicc
            aka "Meitheamh"
            aka "June"
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 18, 2008
              Lady Erlan can probably help you with the CD.

              For the Dickens Christmas, are you interested in music from Dickens' time period, or the SCA's time period? There's a lot of stuff suitable for DIckens that's OOP for us...

              For the SCA, all of the holiday music Erlan did this past Pennsic is in period, plus my choir also likes the following:

              Noel Nouvelet (French carol)
              O Come, O Come Emmanuel (though it sounds better in Latin)
              Personent Hodie
              In Dulci Jubilo
              Coventry Carol
              Beata Progenies
              The Holly and the Ivy
              Nowell Sing We Both Alle and Som
              Gloucestorshire Wassail
              Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming (better in German)

              Arianna of Wynthrope

              1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
              compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

              2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
              theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
              music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
              of today (hooks people)

              Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

              Mairghreicc
              aka "Meitheamh"
              aka "June"

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • June Whalen
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 18, 2008

                Thank you for the quick response!

                I am hoping for nice and easy pieces - in time period (although the modern are more known)

                Our Shire is many things - Arts and Sciences Heavy being the most notable - however a choir we are not - many of us sing (and I am in KWC).

                A few you mention I am aware of - the others not.

                I wil look into them

                Thank You

                Mairghreicc

                1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
                compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

                2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
                theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
                music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
                of today (hooks people)

                Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

                Mairghreicc
                aka "Meitheamh"
                aka "June"

                Do You Yahoo!?