Re:Introduction

  • L Dinsmore
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 28, 2007
      So do we have a director for KWC for Estrella, and did I miss the sign up??

      Illuminada Eugenia de Guadalupe y Godoy
      Caid

    • Donald F. Harrington
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 28, 2007
        Luckily, you didn't miss the sign-up because you don't have to sign up in advance to participate.  You just have to show up at two of the rehearsals.  I've been working with the gate-book because last year some people had trouble finding the info about us.  (It was in there, but so was a lot of other stuff.)  The rehearsals (noon to two on Wed-Sat) and the performance (2:00 pm Sunday) are both listed in the A&S Collegium schedule.  The performance is listed again under special events.  And just to make more sure, I bought a quarter-page ad for the performance, including a reference to the rehearsals in the Collegium schedule.  The only other thing I can think of to do to boost advertising is to get some fliers printed up before the war and pay off some urchins to put them up everywhere they can find.  (Thanks to Amy Marie for helping me coordinate the advance publication schedule.)

        Everything except one rehearsal is at the Grand Pavilion, including the performance.  (Saturday rehearsal is being graciously hosted by Her Grace Deille of Farnham's encampment, which we also used last year.  Saturday, the Grand Pavilion is booked up.)

        I admit I'm behind schedule on picking out music and getting it posted to this Yahoo! group website and my own, so any suggestions that people may have I'd very much love to hear.

        Don Harrington
        Lazarus Artifex

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 28, 2007
          Good morning, gentle cousins,

          My Lord Lazarus, thank you for the very helpful information about participating --- showing up for rehearsal sounds like a reasonably simple thing to do.  Our household plans to arrive on Tuesday quite early (actually, will probably roll in from Portland late Monday night!), so we should be all set up by Tuesday afternoon.  Do let me know if there is anything you might need help with, in term setting up, sorting music, etc.  I would be more than happy to assist you.

          And, if a Very new newcomer can make some suggestions for music:

          Arcadelt        -- Il Bianco e Dolce Cigno
          Certon          -- La, la, la, je ne l'ose dire
          des Pres        -- El Grillo
          di Lasso        -- Je L'ayme bien
          El Viejo         -- Dindirin
          Monserrat     -- Stella Splendens
          Sermisy         -- Tant Que Vivrai
          Vecchi           -- Deh Prega amor il fato

          These are some wonderful bits, and Not Too Hard to learn in several days' time.  (And yes, I have Noteworthy scores in several keys to most of them!)

          Looking forward to meeting everyone in 48 days!

          YIS,

          Angela Rosa Dellamora

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 2, 2008
            Some of these we've done, but many we have not.  I've always been fond of Stella Splendens, thanks for the great suggestions!

            Don Harrington
            Lazarus Artifex

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
              My name is Patricia, known in the SCA as Isabelle de Foix. I am interested in all sorts of medieval music especially troubadour music.
              THL Isabelle de Foix

              blog URL: http://verte76.blogspot.com/

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 3, 2010
                Welcome to the Known World Choir email list, Isabelle!

                We're pretty quiet except around big wars with choir activity, but feel free to contact the list if you have any questions.

                Arianna

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 3, 2010
                  I'm interested in troubadour books.