Re: CD's - Please don't pick on the person responsible...

  • Bernard Deschanes
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 22, 2007
      I never said anyone DID pick on the young lady - only asked that no one
      should in the future. Your message was both polite and appropriate, but it
      seemed like there might be a bit of an escalation in progress when people
      started jumping on the choir-wagon. Please believe that if I had an issue
      with your message I'd have said so directly. I'm pretty big on
      straightforward diplomacy - never really done subtle well... ;)
    • corun2
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 23, 2007
        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Bernard Deschanes" <trisklbr@...> wrote:

        > I never said anyone DID pick on the young lady - only asked that no one
        > should in the future. Your message was both polite and appropriate,
        but it
        > seemed like there might be a bit of an escalation in progress when
        people
        > started jumping on the choir-wagon. Please believe that if I had an
        issue
        > with your message I'd have said so directly. I'm pretty big on
        > straightforward diplomacy - never really done subtle well... ;)

        Let's see. The last time we heard about delivery of the CDs was Sept.
        21. Then, on October 14, 23 days later, someone asked for an update.
        Four days after that I asked for an update and someone else almost
        immediately echoed my requests. All requests were polite. I don't see
        a band wagon. I most certainly don't see a need to be admonished for
        making a simple request about the delivery of something I've paid in
        full for. I think we're all aware how Real Life can impose on one's
        time to meet committments in the SCA. All we wanted was an answer we
        still haven't gotten, not a slap on the wrist.

        Corun
      • Bernard Deschanes
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 24, 2007
          No slap on the wrist was intended, and the writer of the echo & I have
          already made friends and discussed the benefits of frank, polite discussion.
          In the event that you feel a need to discuss it further, do please let's
          take it off-line. :)