Re: [KWChoir] CD's - Please don't pick on the person responsible...

  • KCMalone3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 19, 2007
      >I don't know about anyone else, but I'm OK waiting as long as it
      >takes to get my CD's. This is a human being

      I never said I wasnt OK with it.  And neither did anyone else.  I just asked if there was a timeline that I could give my daughter.  And everyone else just asked the same.  And the only way to know that information is to just ask.  I am sorry you took a simple question the wrong way.  But nobody picked on anyone.

      Anna

      **************************************
      See what's new at http://www.aol.com
    • Bernard Deschanes
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 22, 2007
        I never said anyone DID pick on the young lady - only asked that no one
        should in the future. Your message was both polite and appropriate, but it
        seemed like there might be a bit of an escalation in progress when people
        started jumping on the choir-wagon. Please believe that if I had an issue
        with your message I'd have said so directly. I'm pretty big on
        straightforward diplomacy - never really done subtle well... ;)
      • corun2
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 23, 2007
          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Bernard Deschanes" <trisklbr@...> wrote:

          > I never said anyone DID pick on the young lady - only asked that no one
          > should in the future. Your message was both polite and appropriate,
          but it
          > seemed like there might be a bit of an escalation in progress when
          people
          > started jumping on the choir-wagon. Please believe that if I had an
          issue
          > with your message I'd have said so directly. I'm pretty big on
          > straightforward diplomacy - never really done subtle well... ;)

          Let's see. The last time we heard about delivery of the CDs was Sept.
          21. Then, on October 14, 23 days later, someone asked for an update.
          Four days after that I asked for an update and someone else almost
          immediately echoed my requests. All requests were polite. I don't see
          a band wagon. I most certainly don't see a need to be admonished for
          making a simple request about the delivery of something I've paid in
          full for. I think we're all aware how Real Life can impose on one's
          time to meet committments in the SCA. All we wanted was an answer we
          still haven't gotten, not a slap on the wrist.

          Corun
        • Bernard Deschanes
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 24, 2007
            No slap on the wrist was intended, and the writer of the echo & I have
            already made friends and discussed the benefits of frank, polite discussion.
            In the event that you feel a need to discuss it further, do please let's
            take it off-line. :)