CD's - Please don't pick on the person responsible...

  • triskeltheminstrel
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 19, 2007
      I don't know about anyone else, but I'm OK waiting as long as it
      takes to get my CD's. This is a human being with a job & a family who
      (foolishly - thank God :) agreed out of the goodness of her heart to
      duplicate 5 CD's HUNDREDS of times, for no more than the cost of
      materials and shipping. Please be patient. How many of us could do it
      any quicker? What I'd hate to see is that she never does it again
      because of the bad taste in her mouth from us grousing.

      On a related note, future editions might be less of a pain for the
      responsible party to create/distribute by contacting a local CD
      duplicating service (or using 1 on-line). All you usually have to do
      is provide the masters and tell them how much if any money you want
      for each one as well as the deadlines if any. They'll usually give
      you a sliding price-range based on volume. Some will even create the
      web-order forms for you on their site and provide a link. Then you
      make them 'available' for a preset period, and when it's time they
      charge everyone's cards the specified amount less a 'discount' for
      whatever level of volume has been achieved. They can also provide the
      exact date they'll ship since they're doing mass production on a
      known start/end date.

      Please believe that I can wait as long as necessary, and this is only
      a suggestion in the hopes of preventing burnout and a cessation of
      future attempts.

      Hugs,

      Triskel the Minstrel

      PS - Yes, I'm a professional nerd for a living...
    • KCMalone3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2007
        >I don't know about anyone else, but I'm OK waiting as long as it
        >takes to get my CD's. This is a human being

        I never said I wasnt OK with it.  And neither did anyone else.  I just asked if there was a timeline that I could give my daughter.  And everyone else just asked the same.  And the only way to know that information is to just ask.  I am sorry you took a simple question the wrong way.  But nobody picked on anyone.

        Anna

        **************************************
        See what's new at http://www.aol.com
      • Bernard Deschanes
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 22, 2007
          I never said anyone DID pick on the young lady - only asked that no one
          should in the future. Your message was both polite and appropriate, but it
          seemed like there might be a bit of an escalation in progress when people
          started jumping on the choir-wagon. Please believe that if I had an issue
          with your message I'd have said so directly. I'm pretty big on
          straightforward diplomacy - never really done subtle well... ;)
        • corun2
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 23, 2007
            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Bernard Deschanes" <trisklbr@...> wrote:

            > I never said anyone DID pick on the young lady - only asked that no one
            > should in the future. Your message was both polite and appropriate,
            but it
            > seemed like there might be a bit of an escalation in progress when
            people
            > started jumping on the choir-wagon. Please believe that if I had an
            issue
            > with your message I'd have said so directly. I'm pretty big on
            > straightforward diplomacy - never really done subtle well... ;)

            Let's see. The last time we heard about delivery of the CDs was Sept.
            21. Then, on October 14, 23 days later, someone asked for an update.
            Four days after that I asked for an update and someone else almost
            immediately echoed my requests. All requests were polite. I don't see
            a band wagon. I most certainly don't see a need to be admonished for
            making a simple request about the delivery of something I've paid in
            full for. I think we're all aware how Real Life can impose on one's
            time to meet committments in the SCA. All we wanted was an answer we
            still haven't gotten, not a slap on the wrist.

            Corun
          • Bernard Deschanes
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 24, 2007
              No slap on the wrist was intended, and the writer of the echo & I have
              already made friends and discussed the benefits of frank, polite discussion.
              In the event that you feel a need to discuss it further, do please let's
              take it off-line. :)