Re: Estrella

  • Maria Daggett
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 14, 2007
      Til Death Due Us part
      That's funny!
      Absolutely not Lazarus. And you're right it will be the 4th
      year. How quickly time passes.
      It's fun doing the choir, but I don't reccommend doing it for
      all the years in a row. It's tiring and you miss so much else of
      the war. Three years is a lot more than I had even hoped for.

      It's important for musicians out in the West end of the US to
      look amongst themselves for a possible director. It certainly
      will be nice to have the Choir at Estrella, however not at the
      expense of anyone's war experience of course.
      I never know if I am able to make it out there in time to
      commit to doing it.

      Even if someone has an inkling of experience and the dedication
      to try, I can work with them to make it happen. Lazarus is
      willing I'm sure to help guide a new person through the process
      of getting rehearsal/performance space and working out details.

      So, choir members, think about it.... do you know a person who
      might be suited to direct Estrella this year, well, next year
      actually (2008)?
      Perhaps a singer from the last year? Maybe you can do it.

      Just thoughts

    • Gwenfain Verch Gorwan
      Message 2 of 13 , May 3 11:32 AM
        Well i was pondering if i should just lurk for a bit or hop right in. I
        decided to hop in ()8) My name is Gwenfain Verch Gorwan from Santa
        Monica, CA (Kingdom of Caid) I sing either soprano or alto and am
        trying really really hard to get Pensics this year. I look forward to
        seeing the music for this year at least so I can learn some new songs.
        I am currently working in my family business and in my spare time am
        writing a novel.
        Well that is all there is about me. Just wanted to introduce myself and
        hope to meet some of y'all at Pennsic this year ()8)
      • mary-flo@sympatico.ca
        Message 3 of 13 , May 3 9:19 PM

          This'll be my first Pennsic too!  Can't wait!!

          Life is short!
          Forgive quickly!
          Love truly,
          Laugh uncontrollably
          .

          Love life, live gratefully,

          Blessings and hugs,

          Mary-florence

          www.mary-flo.com

          Message 4 of 13 , May 4 6:25 AM
            Greetings fellow KW Choir members,

            My name is Denw verch Rhys and I too am looking forward to Pennsic this year. I recently moved and now I am situated 1 hour from our campsite at Cooper's. I have sung in at least 4 KW Choirs at Pennsic and have enjoyed every minute. Hope to see all of you there this year.

            Yours in music,

            Denw

            To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
            From: gwenfain@...
            Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 18:32:31 +0000

            Well i was pondering if i should just lurk for a bit or hop right in. I
            decided to hop in ()8) My name is Gwenfain Verch Gorwan from Santa
            Monica, CA (Kingdom of Caid) I sing either soprano or alto and am
            trying really really hard to get Pensics this year. I look forward to
            seeing the music for this year at least so I can learn some new songs.
            I am currently working in my family business and in my spare time am
            writing a novel.
            Well that is all there is about me. Just wanted to introduce myself and
            hope to meet some of y'all at Pennsic this year ()8)

            With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.
          • June
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 18, 2008
              I have but 2 requests

              1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
              compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

              2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
              theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
              music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
              of today (hooks people)

              Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

              Mairghreicc
              aka "Meitheamh"
              aka "June"
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 18, 2008
                Lady Erlan can probably help you with the CD.

                For the Dickens Christmas, are you interested in music from Dickens' time period, or the SCA's time period? There's a lot of stuff suitable for DIckens that's OOP for us...

                For the SCA, all of the holiday music Erlan did this past Pennsic is in period, plus my choir also likes the following:

                Noel Nouvelet (French carol)
                O Come, O Come Emmanuel (though it sounds better in Latin)
                Personent Hodie
                In Dulci Jubilo
                Coventry Carol
                Beata Progenies
                The Holly and the Ivy
                Nowell Sing We Both Alle and Som
                Gloucestorshire Wassail
                Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming (better in German)

                Arianna of Wynthrope

                1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
                compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

                2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
                theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
                music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
                of today (hooks people)

                Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

                Mairghreicc
                aka "Meitheamh"
                aka "June"

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • June Whalen
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 18, 2008

                  Thank you for the quick response!

                  I am hoping for nice and easy pieces - in time period (although the modern are more known)

                  Our Shire is many things - Arts and Sciences Heavy being the most notable - however a choir we are not - many of us sing (and I am in KWC).

                  A few you mention I am aware of - the others not.

                  I wil look into them

                  Thank You

                  Mairghreicc

                  1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
                  compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

                  2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
                  theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
                  music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
                  of today (hooks people)

                  Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

                  Mairghreicc
                  aka "Meitheamh"
                  aka "June"

                  Do You Yahoo!?