Re: [KWChoir] Performance workout

  • Kimberly
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
      This is awesome! Happy mistake, indeed. By the way, Corun...you sound great!
      Luisiuil

      corun2 <corun@...> wrote:
      Good Friends,

      I am writing to you about something that is not directly SCA related
      but is related to us all as performers. I was recently introduced to
      Librivox.org. This is a website producing free audiobook literature.
      They present all public domain works which means they don't have to
      charge for the MP3 downloads. They also take volunteer readers, and
      this is where you come in. For anyone wanting to keep their reading
      and performance skills up this is a good opportunity to also
      contribute to something larger at the same time.

      I have been doing some recording there recently, some poetry and a few
      monologues from Shakespeare and currently a couple of chapters frmo
      Don Quixote. There are all sorts of projects, and because the works
      are in the public domain a lot of stuff from our period is available.
      Lots of the works they use are found on the Gutenberg Project web
      site. Libirvox is in need of good readers for lots of projects they
      have going now. Because it's all volunteer the quality varies from
      really good to really not so good. And you can do this from your
      computer using a simple mic and free recording software (they
      recommend Audacity and so do I as it's very easy to use and available
      for a number of operating systems from Windows to Unix). If you want
      more details on this or equipment please write me.

      Take a look at this site and listen to some of the works. Wander
      around the forums and listen to what people are doing. Or search their
      library for particular works you'd like to hear. If you want to hear
      what I've done, go to their Advanced Search engine and put Corun in
      the Reader slot. The few pieces I've done so far will show up. All
      recordings are MP3 format and can be listened to on your PC or
      downloarded to any MP3 player.

      I'd be interested to know if any of you decide to add your voices to
      this project so please let me know either privately or through this
      forum. I think it's pretty worthwhile and as the subject says, it's a
      performance workout for you as well because even though you're reading
      alone to your computer you have to read as though there's an audience
      there.

      Corun

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
      (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
      mailto:KWChoir-digest@yahoogroups.com
      mailto:KWChoir-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        "You may not always get what you want, but you'll always get what you expect." – Anonymous

      Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

    • corun2
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
        Luisiuil wrote:

        > This is awesome! Happy mistake, indeed. By the way, Corun...you
        sound great!
        > Luisiuil

        Why thank you, M'am. <blush>

        Glad you're enjoying the site.