Re: Performance workout

  • corun2
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
      Ariann of W wrote:

      > Hey, *I* think it's way cool! I love doing dramatic readings of
      Harry Potter or whatever to my kids, and I think this is something I
      would really like to do, assuming I could find some spare time...

      > So I'm glad you posted it here, even if it *was* an accident. :-)

      Well if it sparks people's interest then I guess it was a happy
      mistake. :)

      Corun
    • Ariadne & Reynard
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
        Glad to have gotten it anyway.  I need things to listen to while doing massive knitting projects.
        Ariadne

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
          This is awesome! Happy mistake, indeed. By the way, Corun...you sound great!
          Luisiuil

          corun2 <corun@...> wrote:
          Good Friends,

          I am writing to you about something that is not directly SCA related
          but is related to us all as performers. I was recently introduced to
          Librivox.org. This is a website producing free audiobook literature.
          They present all public domain works which means they don't have to
          charge for the MP3 downloads. They also take volunteer readers, and
          this is where you come in. For anyone wanting to keep their reading
          and performance skills up this is a good opportunity to also
          contribute to something larger at the same time.

          I have been doing some recording there recently, some poetry and a few
          monologues from Shakespeare and currently a couple of chapters frmo
          Don Quixote. There are all sorts of projects, and because the works
          are in the public domain a lot of stuff from our period is available.
          Lots of the works they use are found on the Gutenberg Project web
          site. Libirvox is in need of good readers for lots of projects they
          have going now. Because it's all volunteer the quality varies from
          really good to really not so good. And you can do this from your
          computer using a simple mic and free recording software (they
          recommend Audacity and so do I as it's very easy to use and available
          for a number of operating systems from Windows to Unix). If you want
          more details on this or equipment please write me.

          Take a look at this site and listen to some of the works. Wander
          around the forums and listen to what people are doing. Or search their
          library for particular works you'd like to hear. If you want to hear
          what I've done, go to their Advanced Search engine and put Corun in
          the Reader slot. The few pieces I've done so far will show up. All
          recordings are MP3 format and can be listened to on your PC or
          downloarded to any MP3 player.

          I'd be interested to know if any of you decide to add your voices to
          this project so please let me know either privately or through this
          forum. I think it's pretty worthwhile and as the subject says, it's a
          performance workout for you as well because even though you're reading
          alone to your computer you have to read as though there's an audience
          there.

          Corun

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:KWChoir-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mailto:KWChoir-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            "You may not always get what you want, but you'll always get what you expect." – Anonymous

          Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

        • corun2
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
            Luisiuil wrote:

            > This is awesome! Happy mistake, indeed. By the way, Corun...you
            sound great!
            > Luisiuil

            Why thank you, M'am. <blush>

            Glad you're enjoying the site.