Re: Performance workout

  • corun2
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Michelle Hartz-Coutts
      <mhartzcoutts@...> wrote:

      > I wonder if they would like some Chaucer read in Middle English?

      They are currently working on some Chaucer now and I think need some
      readers.

      http://librivox.org/newcatalog/search.php?title=&author=chaucer&status=all&action=Search

      Take a listen and a look at the project to see what's as yet unassigned.

      Corun
    • corun2
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
        Ariann of W wrote:

        > Hey, *I* think it's way cool! I love doing dramatic readings of
        Harry Potter or whatever to my kids, and I think this is something I
        would really like to do, assuming I could find some spare time...

        > So I'm glad you posted it here, even if it *was* an accident. :-)

        Well if it sparks people's interest then I guess it was a happy
        mistake. :)

        Corun
      • Ariadne & Reynard
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
          Glad to have gotten it anyway.  I need things to listen to while doing massive knitting projects.
          Ariadne

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
            This is awesome! Happy mistake, indeed. By the way, Corun...you sound great!
            Luisiuil

            corun2 <corun@...> wrote:
            Good Friends,

            I am writing to you about something that is not directly SCA related
            but is related to us all as performers. I was recently introduced to
            Librivox.org. This is a website producing free audiobook literature.
            They present all public domain works which means they don't have to
            charge for the MP3 downloads. They also take volunteer readers, and
            this is where you come in. For anyone wanting to keep their reading
            and performance skills up this is a good opportunity to also
            contribute to something larger at the same time.

            I have been doing some recording there recently, some poetry and a few
            monologues from Shakespeare and currently a couple of chapters frmo
            Don Quixote. There are all sorts of projects, and because the works
            are in the public domain a lot of stuff from our period is available.
            Lots of the works they use are found on the Gutenberg Project web
            site. Libirvox is in need of good readers for lots of projects they
            have going now. Because it's all volunteer the quality varies from
            really good to really not so good. And you can do this from your
            computer using a simple mic and free recording software (they
            recommend Audacity and so do I as it's very easy to use and available
            for a number of operating systems from Windows to Unix). If you want
            more details on this or equipment please write me.

            Take a look at this site and listen to some of the works. Wander
            around the forums and listen to what people are doing. Or search their
            library for particular works you'd like to hear. If you want to hear
            what I've done, go to their Advanced Search engine and put Corun in
            the Reader slot. The few pieces I've done so far will show up. All
            recordings are MP3 format and can be listened to on your PC or
            downloarded to any MP3 player.

            I'd be interested to know if any of you decide to add your voices to
            this project so please let me know either privately or through this
            forum. I think it's pretty worthwhile and as the subject says, it's a
            performance workout for you as well because even though you're reading
            alone to your computer you have to read as though there's an audience
            there.

            Corun

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:KWChoir-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:KWChoir-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              "You may not always get what you want, but you'll always get what you expect." – Anonymous

            Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

          • corun2
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
              Luisiuil wrote:

              > This is awesome! Happy mistake, indeed. By the way, Corun...you
              sound great!
              > Luisiuil

              Why thank you, M'am. <blush>

              Glad you're enjoying the site.