Re: [KWChoir] Re: Performance workout

  • Michelle Hartz-Coutts
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
      I wonder if they would like some Chaucer read in Middle English?

    • corun2
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Michelle Hartz-Coutts
        <mhartzcoutts@...> wrote:

        > I wonder if they would like some Chaucer read in Middle English?

        They are currently working on some Chaucer now and I think need some
        readers.

        http://librivox.org/newcatalog/search.php?title=&author=chaucer&status=all&action=Search

        Take a listen and a look at the project to see what's as yet unassigned.

        Corun
      • corun2
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
          Ariann of W wrote:

          > Hey, *I* think it's way cool! I love doing dramatic readings of
          Harry Potter or whatever to my kids, and I think this is something I
          would really like to do, assuming I could find some spare time...

          > So I'm glad you posted it here, even if it *was* an accident. :-)

          Well if it sparks people's interest then I guess it was a happy
          mistake. :)

          Corun
        • Ariadne & Reynard
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
            Glad to have gotten it anyway.  I need things to listen to while doing massive knitting projects.
            Ariadne

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
              This is awesome! Happy mistake, indeed. By the way, Corun...you sound great!
              Luisiuil

              corun2 <corun@...> wrote:
              Good Friends,

              I am writing to you about something that is not directly SCA related
              but is related to us all as performers. I was recently introduced to
              Librivox.org. This is a website producing free audiobook literature.
              They present all public domain works which means they don't have to
              charge for the MP3 downloads. They also take volunteer readers, and
              this is where you come in. For anyone wanting to keep their reading
              and performance skills up this is a good opportunity to also
              contribute to something larger at the same time.

              I have been doing some recording there recently, some poetry and a few
              monologues from Shakespeare and currently a couple of chapters frmo
              Don Quixote. There are all sorts of projects, and because the works
              are in the public domain a lot of stuff from our period is available.
              Lots of the works they use are found on the Gutenberg Project web
              site. Libirvox is in need of good readers for lots of projects they
              have going now. Because it's all volunteer the quality varies from
              really good to really not so good. And you can do this from your
              computer using a simple mic and free recording software (they
              recommend Audacity and so do I as it's very easy to use and available
              for a number of operating systems from Windows to Unix). If you want
              more details on this or equipment please write me.

              Take a look at this site and listen to some of the works. Wander
              around the forums and listen to what people are doing. Or search their
              library for particular works you'd like to hear. If you want to hear
              what I've done, go to their Advanced Search engine and put Corun in
              the Reader slot. The few pieces I've done so far will show up. All
              recordings are MP3 format and can be listened to on your PC or
              downloarded to any MP3 player.

              I'd be interested to know if any of you decide to add your voices to
              this project so please let me know either privately or through this
              forum. I think it's pretty worthwhile and as the subject says, it's a
              performance workout for you as well because even though you're reading
              alone to your computer you have to read as though there's an audience
              there.

              Corun

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:KWChoir-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:KWChoir-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                "You may not always get what you want, but you'll always get what you expect." – Anonymous

              Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

            • corun2
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
                Luisiuil wrote:

                > This is awesome! Happy mistake, indeed. By the way, Corun...you
                sound great!
                > Luisiuil

                Why thank you, M'am. <blush>

                Glad you're enjoying the site.