Re: Performance workout

  • corun2
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
      I'm sorry. I sent this to the wrong list. It still may apply to many
      of you but my apologies. I meant this for the Known World Players list
      and they're right next to each other in my Yahoo lists. Mea culpa.

      Corun
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
        Hey, *I* think it's way cool! I love doing dramatic readings of Harry Potter or whatever to my kids, and I think this is something I would really like to do, assuming I could find some spare time...

        So I'm glad you posted it here, even if it *was* an accident. :-)

        Arianna of Wynthrope

        corun2 <corun@...> wrote:
        I'm sorry. I sent this to the wrong list. It still may apply to many
        of you but my apologies. I meant this for the Known World Players list
        and they're right next to each other in my Yahoo lists. Mea culpa.

        Corun

        Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

      • Michelle Hartz-Coutts
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
          I wonder if they would like some Chaucer read in Middle English?

        • corun2
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Michelle Hartz-Coutts
            <mhartzcoutts@...> wrote:

            > I wonder if they would like some Chaucer read in Middle English?

            They are currently working on some Chaucer now and I think need some
            readers.

            http://librivox.org/newcatalog/search.php?title=&author=chaucer&status=all&action=Search

            Take a listen and a look at the project to see what's as yet unassigned.

            Corun
          • corun2
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
              Ariann of W wrote:

              > Hey, *I* think it's way cool! I love doing dramatic readings of
              Harry Potter or whatever to my kids, and I think this is something I
              would really like to do, assuming I could find some spare time...

              > So I'm glad you posted it here, even if it *was* an accident. :-)

              Well if it sparks people's interest then I guess it was a happy
              mistake. :)

              Corun
            • Ariadne & Reynard
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
                Glad to have gotten it anyway.  I need things to listen to while doing massive knitting projects.
                Ariadne

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
                  This is awesome! Happy mistake, indeed. By the way, Corun...you sound great!
                  Luisiuil

                  corun2 <corun@...> wrote:
                  Good Friends,

                  I am writing to you about something that is not directly SCA related
                  but is related to us all as performers. I was recently introduced to
                  Librivox.org. This is a website producing free audiobook literature.
                  They present all public domain works which means they don't have to
                  charge for the MP3 downloads. They also take volunteer readers, and
                  this is where you come in. For anyone wanting to keep their reading
                  and performance skills up this is a good opportunity to also
                  contribute to something larger at the same time.

                  I have been doing some recording there recently, some poetry and a few
                  monologues from Shakespeare and currently a couple of chapters frmo
                  Don Quixote. There are all sorts of projects, and because the works
                  are in the public domain a lot of stuff from our period is available.
                  Lots of the works they use are found on the Gutenberg Project web
                  site. Libirvox is in need of good readers for lots of projects they
                  have going now. Because it's all volunteer the quality varies from
                  really good to really not so good. And you can do this from your
                  computer using a simple mic and free recording software (they
                  recommend Audacity and so do I as it's very easy to use and available
                  for a number of operating systems from Windows to Unix). If you want
                  more details on this or equipment please write me.

                  Take a look at this site and listen to some of the works. Wander
                  around the forums and listen to what people are doing. Or search their
                  library for particular works you'd like to hear. If you want to hear
                  what I've done, go to their Advanced Search engine and put Corun in
                  the Reader slot. The few pieces I've done so far will show up. All
                  recordings are MP3 format and can be listened to on your PC or
                  downloarded to any MP3 player.

                  I'd be interested to know if any of you decide to add your voices to
                  this project so please let me know either privately or through this
                  forum. I think it's pretty worthwhile and as the subject says, it's a
                  performance workout for you as well because even though you're reading
                  alone to your computer you have to read as though there's an audience
                  there.

                  Corun

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                  mailto:KWChoir-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mailto:KWChoir-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    "You may not always get what you want, but you'll always get what you expect." – Anonymous

                  Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

                • corun2
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
                    Luisiuil wrote:

                    > This is awesome! Happy mistake, indeed. By the way, Corun...you
                    sound great!
                    > Luisiuil

                    Why thank you, M'am. <blush>

                    Glad you're enjoying the site.