Re: [KWChoir] KWC and PW36

  • Christine Bakken/Bridget
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12, 2007
      I am glad you all had fun,  I had a rather bad experience with the choir, while looking for you I was told that since I was running late to not even bother because I wouldn't be allowed to sing with the choir because I got lost trying to even find the tent.  This was very upsetting.  Hearing this I tracked my way back to camp and didn't bother with it anymore after that.  I hope others didn't have the same experience.

      corun2 <corun@...> wrote:
      I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for an absolutely
      lovely time. This was my first year singing with the KWC but it won't
      be my last. You lot are just great. And what a performance you all put
      on. Fantastic.

      Mistress Arianna you are a wonderful director, and I'm not just
      speaking from my biased point of view. I know how much you put into
      making our performance this year the success it was despite the heat,
      the rain, the heat, the humidity and the heat.

      To everyone, I work with Mistress Arianna locally and I know first
      hand how much she loves music and how much she gives to her groups
      (Laydes Fayre and Bella Voce) but I have never seen her work harder
      nor pour more of her soul into an endeavor as she did this year for
      the KWC. The look on her face at the end of each piece was well worth
      the price of admission.

      Lastly I want to extend an invitation to anyone who happens to find
      themselves in the DC area at any time in the future. Come see us. Come
      play and sing with us. You will be most welcome.

      In service,
      Baron Corun MacAnndra, OP

      Your AVON Lady,

      Christine Bakken
      AVON ISR
      701-739-0349

      Call or email for new specials and deals.
      Let me show you how to make your dreams come true in your spare time.

      <!-- data banner code begin -->
      Click Here to Visit Cupcake\'s Friends</a>
      <!-- data banner code end -->

      Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 12, 2007
        Bridget,

        I'm sorry someone steered you wrong. Whoever it was, they were mistaken, unless perhaps you were trying to join only a day or two before the performance and would not have had enough rehearsal time to perform with us.  The choir has always accepted walk-ins, as long as they are willing to put in the effort to learn the music.  If you had found your way to the Performing Arts tent, I know you would have been welcomed and would have had a wonderful time. I hope you will try again in future years.

        I would like to second Master Corunn's comments. I was unable to sing with the full choir this year but was thrilled to be able to participate in the Morley Consort. I was blown away by the glorious sound from the Pennsic Choir, especially in O Magnum Mysterium and Tu Es Petrus, this year's "big" pieces. Everyone was obviously having a great time and had worked very hard, and the expression on Mistress Arianna's face at the end brought back the thrill I felt at the end of last year's concert. It was a joy to experience from the audience!

        Mistress Arianna of Wynthrope (the "other" Arianna, NOT this year's director)

        Christine Bakken/Bridget <clysne@...> wrote:
        I am glad you all had fun,  I had a rather bad experience with the choir, while looking for you I was told that since I was running late to not even bother because I wouldn't be allowed to sing with the choir because I got lost trying to even find the tent.  This was very upsetting.  Hearing this I tracked my way back to camp and didn't bother with it anymore after that.  I hope others didn't have the same experience.
        .

        Karen Kasper

        Building a website is a piece of cake.

      • Christine Bakken/Bridget
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 12, 2007
          I was trying to join on sat.  But I still had fun at pennsic even though I didn't sing.  I came in second for the marion reive seige cooking competition and made a load of friends. I also found that everyone loved my cloak and wants me to make them for them and for there families. I am glad you guys did well. See ya next year.

          Christine Bakken/Bridget <clysne@yahoo. com> wrote:
[...]

          Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

        • Isabel1443
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 13, 2007
            Hi.
            Congrats on the siege cooking competition! I saw that, and was intrigued. So many
            fun things to do, with time, energy, and weather restraints...
            Speaking strictly for myself as a very rusty sight-reader, I found that I needed that
            week of daily rehearsals to even begin to keep up with the challenging music. Please join
            us next year. It was an amazing experience that I will always treasure. The music is
            still in my head (and in my heart).
            Isabel Henry

            Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@ yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]

          • Diane
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 13, 2007
              Thanks to all for a beautiful first choir experience, with a special
              thank you to Mistress Arianna, whose enthusiasm for the music was both
              contagious and delightful! I look forward to next year and another
              great time with the KWC.

              Celaena (Diane)
              EK