Re: [KWChoir] Risers for Pennsic

  • chrissings@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2007

      I had actually raised this topic several times....but alas...I appreciate your assistance.

      Since the extentions are being built...we should use them.

      I'll keep an eye out for her Excellency's e-mail.

      Arianna M.

      -- Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...> wrote:

      Last night I got a call from Baroness Una Winifreed, the Performing Arts Pavilion coordinator for this Pennsic. She said she will work with Technical Services to make sure that the risers that the Pennsic Choir uses in performance are safely repaired or replaced in time for this year's concert.

      BTW, she also said that she is having some extensions built for the stage. They're primarily intended for the actors who are putting on the Wakefield Cycle, but if the Choir is too large and crowds the stage again this year, they can be used to provide additional space for us as well - at least, for the director to stand on a platform in front of the stage instead of on it.  I told her that last year some of us were hanging onto the stage by our toenails. :-)

      Arianna M, Una said she will be emailing or calling you on these topics, if she hasn't already. She only contacted me because I'm the big mouth that asked. [grin]

      I'd also like to use this opportunity to ask that as many of you as possible show up for PA Pavilion stage set up and breakdown.  The Pennsic Choir uses the PA Pavilion more than almost any other group, and assembly and break-down is a job that can definitely be made lighter by many hands! Last year I assisted with set up and it was a lot of fun. This year set up happens on Thursday, August 2nd from 1-5 pm, and break down is at 11 pm on Friday, August 10th, after the last performance (any night-owls out there?). No special skills required, just a strong back and willing spirit... though loaning cordless drills and ladders to the effort would be a fine thing too.

      (the other) Arianna of Wynthrope

      Karen Kasper

      "I am a Consultant. Why, yes, lack of planning on your part DOES constitute an emergency on my part!"