Re: the cathedral in the barn

  • Maria Daggett
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2007
      Far as I Know,no recording was made of that concert. Since
      then, the architects guild went kinda defunct... and the 24 part
      Josquin that was attributed to him has been proven NOT to be by
      Josquin at all.
      I think that was my favorite concert.
      It was the next year that Elfrida took over the choir and then a
      year later, after only 2 years of her wonderful
      directorshipness, that I got the Choir.
      *sigh*
      I loved those early years.
      wonder what ever happened to Jocelyn??

      I tried to contact her brother (i think brother) at the
      Renaissance book store at war, but I wasn't able to ever contact
      her.

      I wanted to record the early years of choir and who directed
      prior to the Cathedral year, after that I have it down.

      The Cathedral was in 1994 wasn't it???

      Any help here would be great.
      I really shoudl write this down in a better way then a little
      piece of paper in my desk drawer!!

      Got a little couch potato?
    • Sapphira the Navigator
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6, 2007
        I don't remember exactly when that concert was. I know for sure that
        it did not happen in 1997. all I do recall is that it was the most
        ultra-cool Pennsic choir performance I'd ever attended.

        Sapphira/Blue

        _______________
        > Got a little couch potato?
        > http://search.yahoo.com/search?
        fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

      • Anne
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6, 2007
          ultra-cool, to put it mildly. I still get a few goose-bumps when I think of it...the beautiful music and setting...awed silence
          as we let the recessional chant die out...the way the barn exploded in applause.
          And it was the biggest "medieval moment" I've ever had.

          missy anne.

          On Fri Jul 6 8:28 , "Sapphira the Navigator" sent:

        • Owlharp@juno.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6, 2007
            I remember going into the barn for the concert and bursting into tears
            when I saw the cathedral - it was so incredibly beautiful.

            Fevronia Murometsa
          • melissa mazur
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 6, 2007

              I have pictures somewhere. I have never seen anything so beautiful.

              Denw

              From: Owlharp@...
              To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [KWChoir] Re: the cathedral in the barn
              Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 16:41:01 -0400

              I remember going into the barn for the concert and bursting into tears
              when I saw the cathedral - it was so incredibly beautiful.

              Fevronia Murometsa

              Missed the show?� Watch videos of the Live Earth Concert on MSN.