Pennsic Choir Announcements

  • chrissings@juno.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24, 2007

      Good Afternoon Everyone:

      The good news is we have 80 people pre-registered.   Unfortunately, our basses are outnumbered 10 - 1.  One of our basses is unable to go to Pennsic.  We also lost a tenor.

      Please continue to help recruit!  I'd be really delighted if we could get at least 10 basses.
      (Recruitment Incentive of free ice cream is still available).

      I have received 2 requests for bound music this week (Rebecca Hutchens & Diane Cohoe).  They will be mailed tomorrow.

      Unfortunately, my employer has decided to schedule an out of town work retreat the Wednesday and Thursday before I leave for Landgrab on Friday. Yuck! This means that after Sunday, July 22nd, I won't be reachable...except on-site at Pennsic.  I came with Lochmere (Barony of)  We will most likely be in N18.  There will also be information at the A&S registration table and the message boards.  I will post a reminder in a few weeks.

      Please continue to practice all the music...particularly Chantez a Dieu, Musica Die Ganz, and Tu Es Petrus.  You may want to consider speaking the words in rhythm before you try to add the notes.

      Cheers!
      Chris

    • Alaxandr MacLochloinn
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 24, 2007
        May I join your group? I'm probably a tenor though
        untrained. Is there a time when I could meet someone
        and "try out"? At least enough to know if I would
        fit?

        YIS
        Alaxandr

        --- "chrissings@..." <Chrissings@...> wrote:

        > Good Afternoon Everyone:
        > The good news is we have 80 people pre-registered.
        > Unfortunately, our basses are outnumbered 10 - 1.
        > One of our basses is unable to go to Pennsic. We
        > also lost a tenor.
        > Please continue to help recruit! I'd be really
        > delighted if we could get at least 10 basses.
        > (Recruitment Incentive of free ice cream is still
        > available).
        > I have received 2 requests for bound music this week
        > (Rebecca Hutchens & Diane Cohoe). They will be
        > mailed tomorrow.
        > Unfortunately, my employer has decided to schedule
        > an out of town work retreat the Wednesday and
        > Thursday before I leave for Landgrab on Friday.
        > Yuck! This means that after Sunday, July 22nd, I
        > won't be reachable...except on-site at Pennsic. I
        > came with Lochmere (Barony of) We will most likely
        > be in N18. There will also be information at the
        > A&S registration table and the message boards. I
        > will post a reminder in a few weeks.
        >
        > Please continue to practice all the
        > music...particularly Chantez a Dieu, Musica Die
        > Ganz, and Tu Es Petrus. You may want to consider
        > speaking the words in rhythm before you try to add
        > the notes.
        > Cheers!
        > Chris

      • Becky Pearce
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 25, 2007
          Greetings!
          I regretfully am unable to participate this year. Mundania calls so that I
          have to commute on weekends only. Please remove me from the list. I will
          hopefully be in a better postion next year to participate.
          Thanks
          Juliana de Valencia (mka Becky )

          >From: "chrissings@..." <Chrissings@...>
          >To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [KWChoir] Pennsic Choir Announcements
          >Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 17:13:45 GMT
          >
          >Good Afternoon Everyone:
          >The good news is we have 80 people pre-registered. Unfortunately, our
          >basses are outnumbered 10 - 1. One of our basses is unable to go to
          >Pennsic. We also lost a tenor.
          >Please continue to help recruit! I'd be really delighted if we could get
          >at least 10 basses.
          >(Recruitment Incentive of free ice cream is still available).
          >I have received 2 requests for bound music this week (Rebecca Hutchens &
          >Diane Cohoe). They will be mailed tomorrow.
          >Unfortunately, my employer has decided to schedule an out of town work
          >retreat the Wednesday and Thursday before I leave for Landgrab on Friday.
          >Yuck! This means that after Sunday, July 22nd, I won't be
          >reachable...except on-site at Pennsic. I came with Lochmere (Barony of)
          >We will most likely be in N18. There will also be information at the A&S
          >registration table and the message boards. I will post a reminder in a few
          >weeks.
          >
          >Please continue to practice all the music...particularly Chantez a Dieu,
          >Musica Die Ganz, and Tu Es Petrus. You may want to consider speaking the
          >words in rhythm before you try to add the notes.
          >Cheers!
          >Chris

          Who's that on the Red Carpet? Play & win glamorous prizes.
          http://club.live.com/red_carpet_reveal.aspx?icid=REDCARPET_hotmailtextlink3
        • chrissings@juno.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 25, 2007

            Sorry you can't make it Juliana.

            Arianna M.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 25, 2007

              Greetings Alexandr.

              Everyone is welcome tenor, bass, trained or untrained.  Its all good. .    Go ahead and register on-line and provided the requested information.  (I'll respond directly to your "registration message."  There are no "try-outs" but we can arrange to meet ahead of time and I can run you through a few vocal exercises and we can determine what part will work best for you.

              Cheers!
              Arianna M.

              --- "chrissings@juno. com" <Chrissings@juno. com> wrote:

              > Good Afternoon Everyone:
              > The good news is we have 80 people pre-registered.
              > Unfortunately, our basses are outnumbered 10 - 1.
              > One of our basses is unable to go to Pennsic. We
              > also lost a tenor.
              > Please continue to help recruit! I'd be really
              > delighted if we could get at least 10 basses.
              > (Recruitment Incentive of free ice cream is still
              > available).
              > I have received 2 requests for bound music this week
              > (Rebecca Hutchens & Diane Cohoe). They will be
              > mailed tomorrow.
              > Unfortunately, my employer has decided to schedule
              > an out of town work retreat the Wednesday and
              > Thursday before I leave for Landgrab on Friday.
              > Yuck! This means that after Sunday, July 22nd, I
              > won't be reachable... except on-site at Pennsic. I
              > came with Lochmere (Barony of) We will most likely
              > be in N18. There will also be information at the
              > A&S registration table and the message boards. I
              > will post a reminder in a few weeks.
              >
              > Please continue to practice all the
              > music...particularl y Chantez a Dieu, Musica Die
              > Ganz, and Tu Es Petrus. You may want to consider
              > speaking the words in rhythm before you try to add
              > the notes.
              > Cheers!
              > Chris

              Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! http://surveylink. yahoo.com/ gmrs/yahoo_ panel_invite. asp?a=7

            • Bill Mauldin
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 27, 2007

                Where are you physically located? I am certainly willing to help on either the Tenor or Bass parts.  Geffrei, now in Winston-Salem NC