Re: [KWChoir] Re: Recordings

  • Angela Reese
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 11, 2007
      Fabulous!  Thank you!

      Katherin

      On 11/06/07, Maria Daggett <daggett42@...> wrote:

      Regarding recordings
      I posted back in april that I would have a stack of the CD's
      with me at war. There is a recording of last year's concert on
      one disk. There's a recording of "Music from the court of Vlad
      the Impalier" on one disk and a third disk that will contain
      "Best of from the last 5 years"
      They will not be mass produced for re-sale. It's just for the
      choir and friends and they will be available for $5 each just to
      cover the cost of the disc and the studio time to mix and master
      them. The studio time is in my brother Roman's studio. We are
      editing out beeps, noise, cries, trucks, parades and trying to
      create an ambience to the music with out the uh, ambience of
      pennsic. It's better to listen to that way.
      Many of the cuts will be loaded into the files sections as
      MP3's.
      :)

      For anyone who isn't going to be at war this year, have a friend
      get one to bring to you, or I'll send them when I get back from
      Pennsic.

      http://sims.yahoo.com/

      --
      "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
        -S.G. Tallentyre, attributed to Voltaire

      "You spend money on bombs, and in 10 years they're out of date.  But you build bridges, they last forever."
           Tung-Yen Lin
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 11, 2007
        So, where can we find you at Pennsic to buy these CDs?  Unfortunately I won't be singing with the full KWC this year, but I would like to purchase all three recordings... :-)

        Arianna

        On 11/06/07, Maria Daggett <daggett42@yahoo. com> wrote:
[...]

        Erlan

        .

        Karen Kasper

        "I am a Consultant. Why, yes, lack of planning on your part DOES constitute an emergency on my part!"

        in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
      • erlannordenskald
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 12, 2007
          Well, my plan was to wander by rehearsal when I could AND I can
          usually be found in the A&S point tent as I'm working with Asim this
          year in the field. I am pretty sure that you can ALWAYS find Erlan!!
          I might, if he lets me, leave a stack at Game Gnight which is a
          games merchant accross from the Barn. Galen is a member of my shire
          and has a little business and he might allow me to leave a stack-o-
          cd's for members to pick up there.
          And, I can always make some stops at camps during the war.

          Something that my other list does before war is use the database on
          yahoo for listing camping locations. So, there's the name and the
          camp. That way if anyone wanted to find each other, they could jot
          down the location before war. Would that interest anyone???
          I would be happy to set up a data base on this group site for that
          purpose?

          Erlan
        • sally mcallister
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 12, 2007
            Aurellia here- will be camping as a guest of Quartrefoil at N21.  Please come look me up!

[...]

            8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
          • altusdancer
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 13, 2007
              If it would be convenient, you could leave some at our merchant
              stand (Magrebi Imports). Last year we were also across from the
              barn, next to the bath house. I won't be there until the 2nd week,
              but my husband could be convinced to help out :) (sorry, he
              doesn't sing.)

              Kit

              --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "erlannordenskald"
              <erlannordenskald@...> wrote:

              > Well, my plan was to wander by rehearsal when I could AND I can
              > usually be found in the A&S point tent as I'm working with Asim
              this
              > year in the field. I am pretty sure that you can ALWAYS find
              Erlan!!
              > I might, if he lets me, leave a stack at Game Gnight which is a
              > games merchant accross from the Barn. Galen is a member of my
              shire
              > and has a little business and he might allow me to leave a stack-o-
              > cd's for members to pick up there.
              > And, I can always make some stops at camps during the war.
              >
              > Something that my other list does before war is use the database
              on
              > yahoo for listing camping locations. So, there's the name and the
              > camp. That way if anyone wanted to find each other, they could jot
              > down the location before war. Would that interest anyone???
              > I would be happy to set up a data base on this group site for that
              > purpose?
              >
              > Erlan

            • Claudia Willsea
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 30, 2007
                I will not be able to attend Pennsic this year, so I would like you to send me one of each of the CD's when you return from war.  I will get back with you after Pennsic.  Claudia Willsea

[...]

                Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!