RE: [KWChoir] East Kingdom Chorale Rehearsals

  • ladysvea@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2004
      So, Erlan, what do you want us to sing, huh,huh,huh? Give us a hint. Maybe a song title or two? Hum a few bars? The Barren Sands War Autocrat did turn up to sing the Tedium at Coronation, so I'm sure we can twist her arm for an acre or two of the Boy Scout camp to practice in at the B.S. War. I didn't even have to work hard to get all those Barren Sands types out for Coronation. We like to sing. Whether anybody likes to hear us is another question, but I'm sure you can whip us into shape.
      Svea
      "erlannordenskald" <erlannordenskald@...> wrote:

      >Hello all around the East Kingdom
      >   UPdate on progress - ANnouncement for singers will go into the
      >May, June and July editions of the PIke staff.
      >
      >There will be a rehearsal of the East Kingdom CHorale at the Beltaine
      >Brew and Brawl April 30 - May 2 in Gradyville, PA.  2-4 PM,
      >
      >I have put in requests for the War of the Roses AND the Barren Sands
      >War for a rehearsal........AND offered the autocrats the chance to
      >have the EKC perform at the RP.  SO, if anyone of them says, yes,
      >we're in trouble, we HAVE to start yelping some decent tunes.
      >
      >I have music ready to send out for any one who wishes it.  It's basic
      >stuff.... there is no charge for any of this, all I ask is that you
      >take a copy of the music and then distribute it to your people...
      >Music will come with notes attached and it's NOT stapled asembled or
      >in books, that's up to you to do once you copy it.  Breathing is
      >marked, follow it please.
      >
      >When I finish scanning and doing all the digital stuff, there will be
      >files for ya to snag.  Actually it would be easier for me to create a
      >web site, so I'm on that one also, i'm just not quick with it, but I
      >have some one helping me!!
      >
      >I hope that there is enough interest in the East Kingdom Chorale for
      >this to work.
      >
      >Thank you for your support and dedication, IT IS APPRECIATED.
      >
      >Erlan, who is altering the spelling of her name so you will now see
      >it a few different ways
      >AErlandr
      >what do ya think???
      >
      >OH, PS, I want a badge for the EKChorale.....so, any ideas would be
      >kewl.
      >
      >REGISTER FOR THE PENNSIC KNOWN WORLD CHOIR - -----ANN IS GREAT!!
      >
      >IN service to the tunes
      >
      >Lady AErlandr NOroskald, CSC, Known World Choir Director Emeritas

      Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

    • Maria Daggett
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18, 2004
        Yes well, you're right about the Whip part.
        Ok, yes I KNOW that you all like to sing........AND
        there is plenty of room for us to gather!!
        The plan is this:
        I've got 2 pieces in honor of the Lady, Ave Maria in 4
        parts and 5 parts both by Josquin. I've got 2
        settings of L'homme Mass's As you know L'homme means
        in translation "The Armed Man"--- I'vwe got a German
        tune and a French Chanson, because our Crown is that,
        she is french and he is german, so just in case any
        one actually wants us to perform something...we should
        be ready.

        I will bring plenty of copies of music and
        recordings if I can get them.

        Talk it up. get voices there.

        I plan on doing these rehearsals a bit differently, I
        plan to teach them in part so that other group leaders
        can take what we do back to their own home groups and
        actually lead and conduct rehearsals. I plan on
        having others try and lead rehearsals. That way, we
        can all learn more music!!

        As always I promise that fun will be had by all.

        See ya'll then!!!

        erlan

        http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash