Re: [KWChoir] Pennsic - was Tedium

  • Maria Daggett
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
      Hello Anne
      and
      every one else!!

      I encourage ALL of you to pass around the KWC Pennsic
      link.... and I ALWAYS encourage people to join..!!

      OH, well, you know how Court goes, it starts late, too
      much going on, and music always gets pushed to the
      last thing of importance.

      We practiced one piece for a while during the early
      part of the day, I can't really call it "rehearsing"
      because we really just "went through it" with little
      direction...
      We got together to sing at the foot of the stage,
      Our new King and Queen and entourage processed in,
      they seemed to really dig the Chant, we got about 4
      phrases in.... (approx 17 seconds) AND, our director
      of the day,pulled the hand together and we all
      stopped. ....... I am NOT sure why she stopped us,
      even though they had reached the stage, I guessed that
      we'd, uh, at least finish to the point we practiced it
      was only about a minute + of music............
      SO we stopped....and I gasped......and, uh, we left
      the stage......VERY ODD,
      well, that's Erlan's take any way..........
      I do things differently, but, it was fun, it was an
      experience, it was......well, what it was...........
      and above all, i think it was funny, we sort of just,
      stopped......LOL........

      well, anyway..........

      JOIN PENNSIC CHOIR!!!!!!!!!!!!

      i say that a lot, don't I??