Pennsic Choir & Atlantian Pick-up Choir News

  • chrissings@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2007

      Greetings One and All:

      First, I would like to thank those of you who have been running pre-War Pennsic Choir rehearsals.  You have been very generous with your time and support.

      I have been receiving a pretty steady stream of choir registrations...don't have a total yet...but hopefully will tomorrow evening.  (Please recruit basses, baritones and tenors!)

      Tomorrow's rehearsal at my house is canceled.  However, we will be having a Pennsic Choir rehearsal at Atlantia's Sapphire Joust (on Sunday) Memorial Day Weekend.   Thanks to Geffrei for organizing it.   (Geffrei, I sent you an e-mail earlier this week).  More details to follow.

      There will also an "Atlantian Pick-up Choir" at Atlantia's June Univesity on June 2nd in College Park Maryland.  Singers from other Kingdoms are welcome!  I'm waiting for Master Eldred to tell me if we have one hour or two hours of rehearsal time.  I have requested two.  The length of the rehearsal time and the number of people who have practiced in advance will impact the amount of music and the complexity of the music we are able to perform.  We also don't have a performance time, but expect that we will have one soon. I hope  do the program at University.

      Cantate Domino
      This is the Day
      O Magnum (if enough people know it and we just need to polish) if not...
      Adoramus Te.

      Please continue to work on Chantez a Dieu, Tu es Petrus and Musica die Ganz.

      I am also still waiting for confirmation of our rehearsal time and performance date from Baroness Una.  She sent me an inquiry today so I think she is working on the schedule.

      Thank you for your patience with scheduling.    It is challenging to say the least when dealing with multiple people and groups!  It will all get sorted out!

      Special note to Mistress Anne of Carthew:  The workouts at the gym are going well.  I will have plenty of stamina to direct in my usual vigorous manner; 4/4 isn't for whimps! <grin>

      Remember our motto....practice well, pratice often.

      Cheers!
      Arianna M.