Pennsic - was Tedium

  • Anne of Carthew
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
      How's Pennsic KWC going? I'm glad you asked that! The web site has been up
      for quite a while now: http://www.ravenstreet.org/kwchoir.htm

      And this web site is linked from the Pennsic site also.

      I've had 11 people send me "registrations" - all sopranos and altos. (Though
      some of the Altos say they can hit a tenor line.)

      Please feel free - in fact, PLEASE - send this link around to other likely
      lists. Distribute it within your kingdoms! I think we've got a great
      program planned and it should be a lot of fun! As always, WE NEED MEN!

      By the way, who is going to be at Aethlemarc war practice? As it turns out,
      I'll be going. (Pennsic planning meetings coincide, and my other half,
      Master Tirloch, will be attending.) Anyone want to sing some? (i.e.,
      practice some of this program?)

      So...what was the "rest of the story" from your 17 seconds? What happened?
      Anne.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
        Hello Anne
        and
        every one else!!

        I encourage ALL of you to pass around the KWC Pennsic
        link.... and I ALWAYS encourage people to join..!!

        OH, well, you know how Court goes, it starts late, too
        much going on, and music always gets pushed to the
        last thing of importance.

        We practiced one piece for a while during the early
        part of the day, I can't really call it "rehearsing"
        because we really just "went through it" with little
        direction...
        We got together to sing at the foot of the stage,
        Our new King and Queen and entourage processed in,
        they seemed to really dig the Chant, we got about 4
        phrases in.... (approx 17 seconds) AND, our director
        of the day,pulled the hand together and we all
        stopped. ....... I am NOT sure why she stopped us,
        even though they had reached the stage, I guessed that
        we'd, uh, at least finish to the point we practiced it
        was only about a minute + of music............
        SO we stopped....and I gasped......and, uh, we left
        the stage......VERY ODD,
        well, that's Erlan's take any way..........
        I do things differently, but, it was fun, it was an
        experience, it was......well, what it was...........
        and above all, i think it was funny, we sort of just,
        stopped......LOL........

        well, anyway..........

        JOIN PENNSIC CHOIR!!!!!!!!!!!!

        i say that a lot, don't I??